the best howler

I have to voice an opinion here, but I DONT want to have this thread closed, its already been closed once and now reopened. Please bare with me, this is not an attack on anyone but I think it should be veiwed with a hard look.

It has to do with being a moderator and advertiser in the same forum. This is where it gets a little sticky, we all know that Rich H. makes howlers along with Rich C. Rich H. is not a paid advertiser as we all know, but that does not give a moderator the authority to attack someone as the way Rich C. did in his post (dated 1-23-04 at 604 pm.) for no apparent reason. This is one of the rules that PM is supposed to be living by and not be abused by member or moderator.

Rich C. that was a vicious attack you made, and I think it was uncalled for. I do hope you two can iron out your differences, aren't your heads getting a little sore.

I enjoy reading both your post! You both have a wealth of info. that we all can learn from. We all like a little sparing but that was a little over the top.

Again I dont want this thread to be closed but I do think it needs to be addressed.

I do like the howler challenge, and hope that will help end your differences.

Respectfully Bud

Personally, I like the real coyote howls on my WT the best! HeHe

That said, I have one of those beautiful Higgins Howlers that Rich gave me.The darned thing is just to "purdy" to use!!! It is a good sounding unit though, as is my Song Dog,Red Desert,Bill Austin,Critr Call,and all the other howlers I own. I hope these guys dont get into trouble, as I belive none of them advertize on here either. Calls, as well as howlers, are a personal thing, and guys tend to use what works for them, and they use what they have confidence in. And I believe this is as it should be. I say buy them all and have fun with them all.
FWIW
Steve

At one time I had howlers from both of the Rich's BUT...
one of the Rich's wanted to do some slight modifications to the one I had.

I am now howlerless because the modification was to give it to someone else for permanent testing. HUH? I've been had once again. :rolleyes: I just pretend-howl now.

Bud Nadeau,
I understand how that post must look to you sir. I won't go in to the history that has caused this friction that you see going on here. Please read the both of the threads regarding the best howler issue, and I think that you will see where I asked for a truce, and my request was not granted. What you see in my post that you feel is a personal attack, is strictly my honest opinion concerning calls with latex bands for a reed. As far as the advertising issue, some folks are allowed to blow their own horn and nothing is said to them about it. Others try to talk about their nice calls here and they get their post deleted or at least they are warned about playing and not paying. I am a fair man sir.

In my opinion the best howler is the one you have played with & learned to use! Mine is a old woods wise howler, its not pretty or expencive & its not real loud, but i have called lots of coyotes with it & it is versatile enough to make other sounds. I have heard very realistic howls done on diaphram calls! Its not to good of a idea for everyone to be tuteing the same tube anyway.

Coyote#1

Thanks for all the compliments. I also use a factory produce call voice in my howlers. That is how I started making howlers. I got a howler I felt had a good sound and was easy to use and I stuck it in a cowhorn. Then I starting tunning it to get the sound I wanted. I think that both Rich C. and Rich H. make outstanding howlers and whichever one a person could get there hands on would be pleased. In my humble opinion, I believe the most realistic sounds is the Rich Higgins howler in competent hands. Practice, practice and the practice some more.

Back