The Barker – maybe…..

CAT DADDY COLD

I got home this evening after work and Bean jumped in the back of the truck. He and Tater must be bored….I found stuff they dragged out from the barn all over the yard and a possum they must have killed last night. Anyway I told Bean it was cold and he was going to freeze his little Beanie balls off riding in the back of the truck, but he would have none of it and the pup Tater can’t jump in the truck, but he can jump waist high on me. So I put their collars on and snapped them on the lead in the back of the truck and headed off.
I eased over to where I had one come in after dark on a challenge howl about 10 days ago and setup a little different. In my haste I left my lanyard at the house and had to use the FP without the remote. I turned it on low and found the sound I wanted to play. I gave them about 20 seconds that sound and then shut the call off. About 30 seconds later I had one stick his head out of the mesquites. Then I saw the 2nd one. I turned the call back on low and the 2nd one committed. I waited till it nearly got straight down wind and barked to stop it.
Made the 120 yard shot and the other one disappeared back into the Mesquites.
Called a bit more with no takers. This was the 5th coyote I have killed on this place in the last 5 weeks. There are still a few more left I will be back.
The Coyote was a good size male – I hope it was the one that I couldn’t get to commit on my last visit……Kelly

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

I am glad to see Bean and Tater getting out again, but man was it ever cold today!!!!

Congrats on the coyote, and hope to see you soon!!!

Back