Temps are coming down

Yellowhammer

Staff member
Finally cooling off around here after the triple digit heat we had in July/August/September, and the burn bans are finally being lifted.

Went last Tuesday to check my pull camera cards, put some corn in my feeders and hunt for a big red boar I have on camera. He didn't show at my original stand location, but when walking in to my other stand I ran into a sounder and picked out this one. Shot was less than 10 yards as they were walking right to me.

53240010224_2335935f99_c_d.jpg

Went back to the do same thing today since we start gun hunting deer on Saturday. Saw a nice buck I have not seen before and had about 10 medium hogs to come to one of the feeders, but the sign of the big boar so I let them pass (for now).

For sure getting a lot nicer on temps up here. Peanuts have started getting dug too, that is going to bring the pigs out. And the coyotes too. Coyotes love dug peanut fields. I think either later this week or this weekend I am going to try and get out. See if I can find some pigs or call some coyotes.

It is feeling pretty nice up here in the panhandle this morning! Right now 55 degrees with a 25 mph north wind. It's not cold, but for sure a big change from that 95-105 degree stuff. Weather says wind should lay back down under 10 tonight, if it does I am going calling for sure! Roam around some and see if I can find some pigs too.

Our gun deer season started yesterday. Didnt see a shooter in the morning, but about 5pm I had 10-15 hogs come out and I picked out the biggest sow. It was cool enought I decided to go ahead and haul this one out to make some pan sausage. I get another one in the morning I will add have more to go with it.

53259004040_3ee9a287be_c_d.jpg

Digging peanuts here. Went out last night and killed 4 on a field that is getting hit, needed to kill 14 but events conspired against us. Did call up and kill 3 coyotes though, so there is that. Temps in the mid 40's felt really nice though. Not much wind, it was beautiful. Been waiting on that for months.

Back