Talon's first coyote

guess

Talon 8 years old now, has been asking me since deer season to take him Predator calling. He has been calling out in the back pasture off and on for weeks and taking his bow, but he hasn't called anything in. We finally had sunshine today for the first time in what seems like months, temps even got into the mid 60's. Awesome weather for calling even with the full moon. Our first stand was dry, only called a few cows.
On the second stand a coyote appeared out of a draw at the 2 minute mark traveling west. I heard Talon whisper- "I'm not letting this sucker get away". The coyote got even with the FX5 and turned towards it, as he reached the edge of a clearing I muted the call but he continued towards the mojo critter. I woofed at him and he stopped,Talon squeezed the trigger of his NEF .223, the coyote spun and ran about 50 yards and dropped. When we approached the coyote it tried to get up and Talon finished him off. He got his first coyote.
The Stand with Mom. Check out that moon!
normal_Talon_and_Michellle_on_stand_2-27-10.jpg

Talon looking down the barrel
normal_Talon_on_stand_2-27-10.jpg

Checking his coyote
normal_Talon_checks_coyote_2-27-10.jpg

coyote down
normal_talon_coyote_down.jpg

Talon picks him up sort of.
normal_Talon_lifts_coyote_2-27-10.jpg

proud hunter
normal_Talon_with_his_first_coyote_2-27-10.jpg

the stand layout
normal_Talon_on_stand_marked.jpg

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go Talon. Congrats to the proud Papa too. Great job! All my favorite hunting and fishing memories took place with my dad.

That's great. Good job talon. I saw his bobcat hunt no Byrons video and he did great there too. He's gonna be quite the hunter. Good job no teaching him dad.

Way to go talon...Very nice!
smile.gif

Guess: that young man is going to check off them predators one species at a time faster than most adults ever will. Great to see a post like this!

Awesome job! That is cool as heck that you are getting them out at a young age. Like a good friend said, "If you teach your kids to hunt, you will never have to hunt for your kids".

Back