Tally-Ho

Glad to hear it worked. Believe it or not, the more you use it, the better it will become. The reed should curve nearly opposite the tone-board to get the Tally-Ho to sound correct. Keep practicing.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. The only three calls I could hardly get a sound out of were the Talley Ho, the white mouthpiece of the Primos 'Lil Dog, and the Primos Randy Anderson howler.

The Tally Ho works good here, and I will agree it is a lil harder call to blow. I think the only reason it works so good is because Tal Lockwood grew up 11 miles from here, so the coyote come a runnin!

My favorite call is the Tweety, my second favorite is the green Primos one (can't remember the name), and the Tally Ho is about #3 on my list. I have also called in alot of dogs with the white mouthpiece Primos as well.

Give the TH a good work out for several sessions and it'll smooth out. All of mine began really working well right before I lost them. lol After about 10 stands or so things "free up" and it really starts to sound good. Between the Talley and Bearman's open reeds I have never had any desire to stray.

Back