Sure am glad..

borkon

The NEW Mods that were SO Passionate to keep this site alive have kept their word!

Appears to have become what it was a year ago.

It's always slow during the warmer months. Ain't nobody trying to go sit out in the heat to kill a coyote. I can think of a million things better to do when it's hot. #1 is sitting where there's air conditioning, preferably a cold drink. Bugs crawling on my face while I'm trying to stay still ranks pretty low on my favorite warm weather activity.

I would expect the predator hunting stories to be fewer at this time. Lots of guys don't like to hunt during pup rearing season unless doing control work. Plus, the heat, and bugs (especially ticks) make it somewhat less appealing, and then currently turkey hunting is underway in most places. It seems like the reloading and firearms sections are getting pretty good activity. I do miss Snowman Mo's very informative articles on Predator Hunting 101, and in fact I haven't seen him posting in a long time.

I don’t do ticks..! But I’ll probably get out in a few weeks to help out with some control, then I’ll hang it up tell September.

The NEW Mods that were SO Passionate to keep this site alive have kept their word!

I'm not sure how to respond borkon because I don't actually understand what or whom your getting at???

Please elaborate about what and whom your talking about, can't tell if your happy or pissed!??

It's to Damn Snaky in S. Texas to sit and call, but I still trap Coyotes year around but mostly use snares in the summer, Predator control is not a sport to me. Murl.B.

NY has a “season” for hunting predators which is now closed until October. Kinda gotta switch gears to turkeys and fishing and other warm weather activities.

NY has a “season” for hunting predators which is now closed until October. Kinda gotta switch gears to turkeys and fishing and other warm weather activities.

Exactly, most states do have a season but also the vast majority of coyote hunters don't hunt them all year long, guys are fishing, golfing, shooting, family stuff, coyotes are on hold until September usually. That's when the forums pick back up.

In fact, we are usually having our annual great debate/argument on hunting while they are raising pups about now!! I've finally learned my lessen, I'm just gonna stay out of those threads :ROFLMAO:

Kino, Not a bad Idea there's a big difference between Predator Control and Sport Hunting. Murl B.

I totally agree and I do both but I only kill them this time of the year if it's a legit problem coyote, which is honestly pretty rare where I live. We have plenty of mice, rabbits, snakes and other stuff before coyotes cause issues with livestock or pets.

The Coyote is a apex Predator that kills 45 to 48 % of all Whitetail Fawns, 50% of Exotics Fawns and Calf's 30% the Quail and Turkey nests and Chicks not to mention Bovine Calf's, Goats and Sheep, we depend on hunting to produce income to support this place, there is no off season on Coyotes or other Predators here. Murl B.

Like Kino said, hard to determine if this is a comment or complaint, but, if a comment,
Yes sir; they have, and you can especially thank the old BOD and the older, more experienced Mods for all their long hours of hard work to revive the old, dying Preditor Masters for that. We all now have a new, improved forum with all the bells and whistles that we have all wanted for so long. The question is, now what are we going to do with it?

If a complaint,
As has been pointed out by many, this is the slow season for predator hunting and things always slow down this time of year. The new forum is now here for all of us to use & enjoy. But there is just so much the BOD/Mods can do, they can lead the horse to water, but they can't make him drink. Perhaps we can all dig a little deeper, maybe take the time to revive some of our old pictures, stories, suggestions, etc. to help improve the traffic?

I kind of give it up this time of year. I’ve shot pups before and don’t feel real great about it. I took this photo last May while doing some predator control in some pasture land. I gave them a pass.
IMG_6936.png

Back