Summertime Coyote hunting

We hunt them all year.
Land owners where we hunt could care less about what life cycle they are at.
Once the mosquitos explode it gets very hard to hunt certain areas even with 2 Thermacells running.

I generally only shoot when the hides are prime but I've had 2 landowners ask me to shoot coyote they have been seeing during the day. Taking the day rifle(22-250) out this evening, just sitting and watching one location. If one shows, I will shoot. No calling, no bait, totally bad luck on the coyote if one wanders by. Pheasant, deer, turkey protection. Will also take a ground hog.

Most of the places I hunt want DEAD coyotes. Summer, winter ,doesn't matter to them, they just want results. The heat and mosquitoes take a lot of fun out of hunting, but I still hunt.

If I take you deer hunting with me and a hog/coyote comes out and you don't at least attempt to kill it, you will not be invited back.
Makes sense. Many a deer hunt of mine has ended prematurely when I came upon a good coyote stand. We don't have hogs here, but if we did, I'd whack them while deer hunting, no problem!

I sat in a pine grove watching a drainage ditch the landowners told me coyote were traveling. It was 275 yards for the closest shot, just over 500 yards to the far tree line. I saw 8 deer, 20+ turkey(5 toms) and several rooster pheasant. No coyote, but a nice evening to sit outside for 1.5 hrs. Weather permitting I probably will sit again tonight. Full value wind from right to left last night, definitely an issue on the 500 yard end.

I will hunt them anytime I can. But in summertime I need to see lots of signs of their presents and hear them in area before I exited enough to go due to discomforts like sweat in eyes, rattle snakes, gnats, mosquitos and ticks. If close to dens it can make for exciting decoy action.

I sat in a pine grove watching a drainage ditch the landowners told me coyote were traveling. It was 275 yards for the closest shot, just over 500 yards to the far tree line. I saw 8 deer, 20+ turkey(5 toms) and several rooster pheasant. No coyote, but a nice evening to sit outside for 1.5 hrs. Weather permitting I probably will sit again tonight. Full value wind from right to left last night, definitely an issue on the 500 yard end.
Did you call?

Back