Stockade Rifle Stocks

William Suter

Anyone used them? They offer their stocks finished, unpainted and money saver. Money saver is cheapest but is fresh out of the mold. Maybe small holes to fill, sanding and paint. Looking to replace the stocks on two Savages without breaking the bank.

I just ordered a Boyd’s Laminate through R&S Precision. They do a lot of 10/22 stuff and have started to handle a lot of others.
Communication and shipping has been excellent. I did have an issue but they are making it right and have been awesome about it.

I've used a lot of Boyd's gunstocks. Never had an issue with them. I've got one on my 788 now. Its a maple stock and very nice. Not cheap but very nice. I looked at them and the Stockade and even the Choate. The Boyd's laminate and the Choate are heavy stocks but fit in the budget. I looked at the B&C also but they are a little more expensive. I need to shoot both these rifles and see if they merit spending more on them. I'm not opposed to something used if anyone has something for sale.

I've had a Stockade stock for years...haven't been able to use it. I bought one for a Savage that needed finishing. The aluminum block in it seemed to be canted and put the barrel of every Savage I dropped in it touching one side of the barrel channel. I sent it back to the vendor (NSS), who said it was fine. Then I started dealing directly with Stockade because the dimensions seemed to be wrong because the trigger was recessed up into the stock; I could get a finger between the bottom of the trigger and the trigger guard. I kept getting brushed off by Stockade by the owner. He just didn't really seem to want to deal with it. Eventually, he stopped responding without ever being willing to look at the stock. It may be off in its dimensions, but would otherwise appear to be quality materials. I sure wish I could have made it work. Maybe I'll try re-engaging all these years later and see if he is any more responsive.

Did you ever find a stock?
I had to send the one back I ordered from R&S, they got a replacement in from Boyd’s but said it didn’t have the 1” recoil pad the original did. I ended up having the. Order another one with correct pad and adding pillars, so should have that in another 2 weeks finally…nobody’s fault, and R&S has been excellent about it, just annoying as I’d really like to use the rifle for groundhogs

I sold one of the Savages as it was just not one I wanted to sink money in, but plan on restocking the one I kept. I may go with a B&C. A little more money than the Stockade but I am pretty sure it will be a good stock. I've used them before and never had a major issue. The one I kept is a newer model and a light weight rifle in 204R.

Good deal. I have a few B&C stocks with zero issues. They only make 1 style for my Savage configuration and wasn’t a style I liked so went with the Boyd’s…mine is an 11 .22-250, and will be my coyote rifle.

Back