Springfield XD

i picked up my XD 40 for right around 550 brand new a couple of years ago.it would depend on how many rounds have been through it and what kind of condition it is in. if it is in really good shape with not to many rounds through it then i think it is a fair price. but if it was not well taken care of and has a had a large number of rounds through it then i would see if he would come down on it. i really like my XD and have nothing bad to say about them. they will alst forever if they are taken care of and i have never had mine jam/misfeed in the entire time i have had it.

I bought one in 357 sig so I could shoot 40 cal with a barrel change but loved the 357 sig. That's not a bad price if you like it they are pretty accurate when you get use to it.

If its like new its a good price. My local store sells them for 479.99 brand new. If its a stainless slide though then its a great deal.

I think it's a little high for a used one. But if it hasn't been shot much, it's still a savings. If it shows lots of wear, well then a brand new one can be had for 100.00 more or less.

Originally Posted By: flatlander11I sold an xd 9mm with 6 magazines and a quality holster to a friend for $400 .It was like new. Hope this helps.

If it has more than 2 mags (kit has two) offer him $350-$375. More than 2 mags, well they are $25 each new...

I have 2 XDs XD 40SC and XD45 service and 1 XDm in 9mm thinking about another.....The XDm has a very nice trigger pull and seem to be slightley more accurate than the XDs. If you have a 1911 they have the same grip angle so it will feel the same.

ETA: Sprinfields have a warrenty that is passed along to who ever buys the gun!

Don't know if this helps but I sold my XD45 back to the dealer I bought if from for $350. It came in a kit with two magazines, holster and such. I shot it a handful of times. You will need ear protection whenever you shoot it because mine was unbelievably loud!

Originally Posted By: varminter12Don't know if this helps but I sold my XD45 back to the dealer I bought if from for $350. It came in a kit with two magazines, holster and such. I shot it a handful of times. You will need ear protection whenever you shoot it because mine was unbelievably loud!

Is there such a thing as a NOT loud 45 ACP chambered pistol?

All of mine, from the 1911s to the XD-45 Compact sound the
same to me...Of course I have ear protection on, or at least
tactical style(Surefire Sonics) ear plugs, when I shoot any
firearm. I am not convinced there is an appreciable difference
in a 4" barrel versus 5" or 6" barrel, in big bore pistols,
decibel level wise.

Squeeze

Well seeing that this was the very first (and last) pistol I ever owned or shot, I guess I didn't really have anything to compare the sound to other than my rifles. I used it as a sidearm and a plinker every now and then. I didn't however wear ear protection while walking thru the woods and using it.

I have a couple of the XDs. My XD 40 Tactical is almost as accurate in my hands as my Kimber Pro CDP II. The Springfields are no slouches in the accuracy department. I have a Sub Compact XD 9 and it shoots very very well as well. I've dispatched alot of cottontails with it since I carry it on almost a daily basis, and a few other bigger critters. I actually shot a coyote the other day with the 9mm that one of my pheasant hunters wounded.

a couple thoughts, I had an xd 40 and I could not hit the broadside of a barn with it, its going to be a heavy pistol, don't listen to what others say, you will not wanna carry this as a CCW pistol, yeah some guys do, but they are way too diehard for me, some guys say they would but the reality is its a sit in the safe type of pistol.

the other thing is the xd is a DAO only pistol which means you will have a very very long heavy trigger pull which makes shooting the gun accurately very difficult, since its a full size gun and having fun at the range or wacking a bunny is the most likley thing for a pistol like this, I highly recommend a pistol with an expossed hammer on the back, this means it can be fired single action, single action triggers are alot more workable and can be worked to shoot much much better than DAO.

with that said if you still want a full size pistol I recommend a CZ 75 or browning high power. its going to be way more accurate and with a tuned trigger will walk all over the XD in the accuracy dept.

Team Springfield members (like Rob Leatham) don't seem to have any trouble staying in the running for Production Division USPSA National Championships shooting an XD with little more than a trigger job and a decent set of sights. For that matter, I know several Grandmasters who absolutely rock with an XD. Maybe it's the Indian, not the arrow? As far as packing one, the full size XD is just that, a full size pistol. OTOH, the compact weighs in at 26 ounces and the sub-compact at 20 ounces. FWIW, I sold mine and went with a Glock 26.

Back