SPOTLIGHT FOR HUNTING AT NIGHT

I hunt alone and on the ground. Cant hunt from a vehicle here. Because I hunt alone, I either attach the light to my head or a mono pod. This way my hand or hands are free to work a call, remote, etc. I started with a cyclops but it didn't last. This year I got the predator light. I like it cause it small and lightweight.

Here is my setup. I also got the silent halo shield by Boondock outdoors. The shield is a must for the predator light as it has a lot of spillage.

Predator.jpg

Originally Posted By: seacowboyWhat kind of burn time should I expect to get out of the lightforce 140 with shoulder battery pack? Think that is a better way to go then the portable drill battery deal. A bit more weight and ba to carry but if the battery craps out then your done.

I can go all night(7-9 hours) on 2 fully charged batteries, not worrying too much about babying them with the dimmer. Not continuous, of course, fifteen or so 15-20 min. stands with drive time in between. My spare battery is a little bigger, but fits in the shoulder bag, I don't remember the number off hand, I haven't looked at it all summer. I also have a car charger and will plug the weaker one in when I switch to the fresh one, (just in case)

The most effective way to spot a hunted animal is through its eyes. Given that a flashlight is very bright and it emits a light in the visible spectrum, this means looking for red glints in dim tail lights is going to be difficult for an animal eye sensitive to them. Natural moonlight has blue wavelengths that are not as long in length as you need for hunting at night.

Last edited:
Back