Sportsmans Warehouse Southern Nevada CLOSING!

The one in Victorvill Ca did not last long also, once they put up the Bass Pro in Rancho Cuc. I wonder if the Bass
Pro In Vegas had the same effect? Grizz

The thing with Bass Pro is they have the cities pay for them to be there since they bring in more tourism and revenue. Sportsman's never tried this tactic. That is exactly what Bass Pro does here in OKC.

One of the mgr's at the Chattanooga, Tn. store told me the sale didn't go thru with the Canadian buyer. He said the buyers money was tied up and the sale didn't happen. From the looks of what they DON"T have, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't close soon.

Quote:
The thing with Bass Pro is they have the cities pay for them to be there since they bring in more tourism and revenue. Sportsman's never tried this tactic. That is exactly what Bass Pro does here in OKC.

That's what they did in Broken Arrow (suburb of Tulsa) too and then came the big stink when they didn't bring in anywhere near the jobs and tax money they promised. BPS got what they wanted in tax breaks, etc. and screwed the town. They figure it will be too expensive for the town to sue them for the lost money so they just laugh all the way to the bank. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

That just about figures on the wichita store closing. I really liked that store and darn sure spent my fair share of money in there. Heres what [beeep] me off to no end. The city of wichita worked with gander mountain for the stupid azz water walk project and give gander all kinds of breaks. And yet there prices are just stupid on stuff. Where as Sportsmans has good prices and the city just sets on there dead Azzes and watch it go under. If the city is going to help some one out why not help out the store that is treating the people who spend there hard earned money in there right with haveing prices on just about everything cheaper then anywhere else in the area. This is no bull i bought a box of ammo in SW and i went to gander to get more and gander was 12.00 higher on a box of shells. That is just BS. Gander will price match but you should not have to ask to price match they should be competive with all the prices. But if they want to play that game i will stand in line for 15 min while they call around and find out there prices are crazy. Sorry so long just upsets me a good store closes and a store that robs ya is staying open.

Grizz here.
I went to the Cabelas store in Lehi Utah not long after it opened in the fall of 2006 on my way up to an elk hunt in Idaho. This was the first time I've ever been to a Cabelas
store very impressive. Later that day as I head up I-15, I stopped at the sportsmans wharehouse, the one just south of Salt lake. Now after just seeing the spectacle that was Cabelas for the first time, going to a Sportsmans wharehouse
for the first time was a bit of a let down. However, looking back, Sportsmans was a very well stocked sporting goods store. I'm certain the Cabelas just down the road didn't help this location any.

Well, hopefully ours doesn't close down also, but I'm not too optimistic. The shelves have been poorly stocked for at least a year now. and probably less than 50 guns TOTAL when they have space for at least 250. It's a shame. I like that store. hopefully it stays in biz

Quote:
I though the Canadian butout was supposed to stop all that...?

The deal fell through. Like I said about a month ago, if the deal with the Canadian company falls through, SW is pretty much done for. It is an example for this country. If you overextend yourself, you will fall down. I believe they announced 24 stores to close, including my home store in Pocatello, ID. I hope that they can cut it to a minimum and survive, but I doubt it.

Was wondering when this was going to happen. There hasn't been no bullets for about 4 months at the one in Wichita. Had good prices and selection. Some of the people that work there actually were pretty knowledgable. There are a few I won't miss.

I have a freind of mine who works part time at the Gander Mountain near Milwaukee, WI who told me the manager of the Sportsman Warehouse in New Berlin, WI was in to apply for a job as there store in New Berlin, will be closing around Fathers Day or the 1st of July. Now after reading all these other stores closing I see it is not just this one store, But many. Too bad, had nice selection of reloading material.

March 10, 2009

Stuart Utgaard, the Chairman and CEO of Sportsman's Warehouse Holdings, today announced that the company is taking two major actions to improve liquidity.

1. 23 stores are being liquidated to reduce bank debt.
• Aurora, CO
• Coon Rapids, MN
• DePere, WI
• Henderson, NV
• Lafayette, IN
• Las Cruces, NM
• Las Vegas, NV
• Legacy, TX
• Memphis, TN
• Nampa, ID
• New Berlin, WI
• Oklahoma City, OK
• Pittsburgh, PA
• Pocatello, ID
• Roanoke, VA
• Rogers, AR
• Round Rock, TX
• St. Cloud, MN
• Sioux Falls, SD
• Southaven, MS
• Visalia, CA
• Wichita, KS
• Woodbury, MN

2. 15 stores are being sold to UFA Co-op.
• Bend, OR
• Bozeman, MT
• Burlington, WA
• Coeur d’Alene, ID
• Fargo, ND
• Federal Way, WA
• Helena, MT
• Kennewick, WA
• Lacey, WA
• Missoula, MT
• Portland, OR
• Salem, OR
• Silverdale, WA
• Spokane, WA
• Vancouver, WA

It is hoped that these actions will enable the firm to go forward as a viable entity with approximately 2,300 employees. Sportsman's Warehouse is a leading outdoor retailer of sporting goods headquartered in Midvale, Utah.

Looks like the Round Rock TX store is getting the axe.

The one in Las Cruces is where I shopped.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I hope someone picks up the ball that they dropped.
There is room for stores like this. They just need management.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

The Round Rock store may close, but you can go to Cabelas in Buda....I don't have that option.

Thanks for the closure list! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Good info.

Barry

I just read in the paper that the Nampa, ID store is closing as well. Meridian will stay open ( i thimk). The Nampa store was too close to begin with to the other one if you ask me- we didn't really need two.

Back