Spider Bull Down.....

I live in a small dark cave with no cable, internet, radio, telephone, cell phone or mail service. Friends never stop by and I don't get out much.
Please help me understand this Spider Bull of which you speak?

He is a bull that that was spotted on the I believe the Monroe unit in Utah....sounds like he is going to be the new world record...un-offical rough score of 500 and change...

SpiderBull.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I went to the cave 2 mountains over (they have internet there) and googled spider bull. I'm up to date now. BIG BULL!! I didn't read anywhere that he was down, scored, ground into hamburger, nothing. Got a link to the story on him being taken?

While I was at the internet cave doing google work, I saw mention of a WOMAN from Alaska running for some kind of important position in some sorta upcoming election. What's that all about?
That google is an amazing thing. About as good as fire.

yeah, I saw that post on Monstermuleys.com this morning. If the Mossback boys got it they sure worked for it. They've been trying to relocate the bull the last 2 months along with all of the other hunters too.

bummer i was hoping that a 14 yr old kid would get him on his first elk hunt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. just because all the hipe of this bull.
i haven't heard of anyone getting Elvis but the G&F has started babysitting him i hear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif. they were afraid someone was going to use a rifle on him during bow season /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif.
the warden said they think he will go 420" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
guess i should have used rifle season last year to take him but i really wanted him to get him with my bow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif. i shot a spike with my rifle because i only have room for one elk mount and it will be a bow kill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif.
i hope he makes the season this year and i draw a tag next year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif.

I was hoping the 17 year old with the Sportsman's Tag would get it, not the guy who's killed who knows how many B&C bulls with the Pampered Tag. I just don't put letting a guide service do all the work and tell me how to get in and kill it in my definition of fair chase. Cool bull though, we'll see if he goes anywhere but SCI. We hunt Monroe (my dad had a tag last year there) for all our deer and elk, and never had anything even close on any trail cameras (he was down in the property my dad's friend owns) in years past. Just because doyle had something to do with it, I hope it was a farm bull. Doyle's guys were caught several times on my dad's friend's property. The Tines Up guys that were helping the kid with the sportsman's tag were awesome, real nice and not anything like doyles guys.

Quote:
I was hoping the 17 year old with the Sportsman's Tag would get it, not the guy who's killed who knows how many B&C bulls with the Pampered Tag. I just don't put letting a guide service do all the work and tell me how to get in and kill it in my definition of fair chase. Cool bull though, we'll see if he goes anywhere but SCI. We hunt Monroe (my dad had a tag last year there) for all our deer and elk, and never had anything even close on any trail cameras (he was down in the property my dad's friend owns) in years past. Just because doyle had something to do with it, I hope it was a farm bull. Doyle's guys were caught several times on my dad's friend's property. The Tines Up guys that were helping the kid with the sportsman's tag were awesome, real nice and not anything like doyles guys.

I am not really sure I like the way things are headed in Utah. I have family there and they do not seem to impressed either. The big money and big outfitters are taking away from the hunt is actually about. I would hate to see others states transfer to a system similar to Utah. One of the major issues facing all sportsmen is lack of new hunters comming in. When a person looks at the greed, money, hunting ethics that accompany big antlers it is no wonder people get turned off. It is a great bull but too bad he died at the hands of people who seem willing to push the legal and ethical envelope all teh time and not at the hands of a 60 year old man who has self hunted the area since he was a boy and knew every nook and crany or at hte hands of his young grandson.

And of crouse he got shot the money and hype put into the ordeal would have resulted in his death sooner or later.

Last edited:
Thats 2 world records with big bulls less than 20 miles from my house in 2 years
The Spyder Bull score 500 3/4 Gross with a rifle Monroe Mt
The Elk shot on the pahvant Mt last year wnt 438 3/8 with a bow
The funny thing is ,is this was the only Huge bull around these parts this year
last year 5 Elk were killed off the Pahvant unit over 400 gross and none over 400 on Monroe
This year there has not been one Elk over 400 that i have herd off but this bull. I think hes the last of a dieing breed of big Central Utah bulls.
The way these Units operate is the only Elk coming off the unit are big bulls you cant shoot a spike or cow ever at anytime
Lots of big Elk around here but im about sick of all the people
There messing with my Coyote hunting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif
I DO NOT care for the guy but Mossback has a bunch of pics on his website

Last edited:
Quote:

This year there has not been one Elk over 400 that i have herd off but this bull. I think hes the last of a dieing breed of big Central Utah bulls.

Hey Boz, I think there was a 430ish typical bull shot on the Beaver Unit during the Muzzleloader. Could be a new typical world record if the score is correct.
Although it is kind of a bummer that the Mossback boys got him they did work pretty hard to get him. Plus all the rummers of them breaking laws and trespassing are mostly hear-say. I'm sure if I were out legally taking huge animals every year that people would make up stories to make themselves feel better.

Plus I think that the big bulls are actually helping our sport. Look at the money that the auction tags are going to bring into the state now that this monster of a bull was shot. I don't think it's bad for the sport in the sense that it brings a lot of money to our state but then again it kind of skews the image that you have to be a trophy hunter to be a hunter...

Last edited:
Im with you cjg beef, The guy who killed Spidey has a lot of cash and buys Governers tags that are auctioned off. He paid arouund $60,000 for the tag if I remember right. That is a lot toward conservation, Mossback didnt get that money the state of Utah did! I am broke most of the time now because of my hunting addiction. I can only dream of what it would be like to blow that kind of green on hunting! I dont know the story behind this elk any more than any one else but to put down a guy for spending the kind of cash he does on hunting that I would spend if I had it is hypocrisy! Good for him!

There is going to be alot of people putting in for the Monroe this next year....Mabye less prople will put in for my home state of New Mexico so i can get drawn again...

Quote:
Quote:

Hey Boz, I think there was a 430ish typical bull shot on the Beaver Unit during the Muzzleloader. Could be a new typical world record if the score is correct.
Although it is kind of a bummer that the Mossback boys got him they did work pretty hard to get him. Plus all the rummers of them breaking laws and trespassing are mostly hear-say. I'm sure if I were out legally taking huge animals every year that people would make up stories to make themselves feel better.

Plus I think that the big bulls are actually helping our sport. Look at the money that the auction tags are going to bring into the state now that this monster of a bull was shot. I don't think it's bad for the sport in the sense that it brings a lot of money to our state but then again it kind of skews the image that you have to be a trophy hunter to be a hunter...

I know the thing that ticks me off is I live here and have put in on the Pahvant and Monroe for the last 10 years and cant draw a dam tag
because of all the people , but it looks like i better get use to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Back