Special "Bobcat" Painted AR w/ pics

rockinbbar, Me thinks you got to much time on your hands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

All kidding aside that is NEAT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Did you use a brush or an air gun ?

LOL....I think it took a tad over an hour, taping, painting & cleanup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Spraycan paints, sponges & a small paintbrush. Pretty simple to do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

That really looks good Mind if I ask how you got the rosettes? I am looking for a pattern for mine and that is close to what I want to do.

blinddog,

I used natural sea sponge. It had kind of a hollow tip to it, once torn off from the main piece.

I sprayed Rustoleum Flat Espresso color into a paper plate & dipped the sponge in it & "stamped" the rifle....after I had appied the basecoat of sondstone, and light tan for the "belly" of the rifle.

The spots, or accent colors are the last thing I do before adding a good coat of matte clearcoat. (Also Rustoleum).

I did a thread here with pics & a tutorial on my M-4 that I camoed. It was the same proceedure for this one, only I used the spots instead of camo colors.

Hope that helps some.

Barry

Yep you just told me how to. I have used stencels before with mixed results. Useing a base coat then stamping the contrasing colors makes a lot of sense, I just never thought to use a natural sponge.

Back