Sow Nailed in Backyard

Nailed a nice sow at 75 yards today while loading up the corn pipes with my Knights Armament silenced SBR!

KAC%20SBR%20Hog.jpg

Hog%20Tractor.jpg

Originally Posted By: larrybSkypup.....like the hog hauler....makes it a lot easier getting them out of the woods

I shot that sow while out in the woods alone, stalked her out and killed her about 200 yards in the woods off the road.

While attempting to drag her out to the road, I stopped and rested twice. After I started tugging again the second time, I heard a bunch of snorting in the bushes next to me, suddenly a large stout boar hog came charging out at me from about 30 feet, I put four rounds towards his head firing from the hip rapidly. He turned and went back into the thick brush.

After I finally hauled the sow out in the open, I drank two quarts of water as was completely wasted.....had to hike back and get the TLB with the grapple.

Looked for the boar hog, blood all over the place, but could not find him....

Folks, be sure to use your thermal scanners during the day as well as at night.

Was out cruising around in the UTV with the FLIR M-324XP thermal scanner on and spied this boar hog snoozing in a pile of mud ooze in the middle of a wet prairie with the FLIR thermal, never would have seen him unless I was using the thermal during the day.

Hog woke up when I stopped and ran right by me and took a bullet to the ear at 20 feet out in the middle of the day from my Knights Armament KAC-15 silenced SBR!

Day use of my thermal scanner made the kill possible.....

Hog%20Wallow.jpg

Hog2B.jpg

Hog2.jpg

wow. Nice work..

That is a lot of pork.. do you have a smoke house to make Bacon?

I love grilled Tenerloin.. But my wife talked me into soaking both sides with Soy Sauce, and garlic salt for 30 min before cooking..

I wasn't sure about it, but for some reason it makes them taste amazing and not like soy sauce at all.. Really weird, but great on the grill.

What do you typically do with all of that pork?

No smokehouse for the bacon, that is a lot of work, the bacon makes great grind with the sausage though.

Fresh unfrozen tenderloin is always very tasty no matter what you do with it, everyone loves it!

We do make a large variety of sausage grinds and give out hams and shoulders and ribs all the time, everyone raves over them.

This hog was only about 20 feet from me and too close to use the 4X ACOG scope, so I used the Truijicon MRDS red dot sight on top of the ACOG to take him out with an earshot!

A couple of weeks ago, my neighbor called me from his cell as he was driving by my property and said there was a wild hog out in my horse pasture?
mad.gif

I ran out with my HK and put the ACOG on him, but before I pulled the trigger I noticed he was wagging his tail.

I'm like [beeep] is this....

Find out it was a wayward potbelly pig and we have adopted him as the farm mascot.

He hangs out in the pasture with the horses all day and comes into the stalls for breakfast and dinner.

When you rub his belly he flops over and goes into a trance as if he is hypnotized, pretty much a free spirit addition to the farm.

Arnold.jpg

IRD%20SUB%20Hog.jpg

IRD%20SUB%20Hog%20Head%20Bullet.jpg

Slug entered on other side and went completely through the cervical vertebrae and ended up protruding out of his head, could not even pull it out either side by hand and had to use a pair of vice grips to get it out!

Went out to the feeders to download some game cam pics this morning and heard some grunting in the brush behind me and managed to get a head shot on this nice little Snacker!

Hondidni%20Hog.jpg

Then was headed over to another game cam and saw three coyotes chasing a hen turkey in a clear cut, managed to take out one of them with my KAC SBR running at 150 yards out!

Coyote.jpg

We do have a lot of successful night hunts and it was time to celebrate with a big party.

Cooked out two whole hogs on the BBQ smoker over live oak coals. Lite up the BBQ the previous day at 2PM and kept the temp at 200*F over night slow smoking, then cut up each of the four 1/2 hog sections and put them in deep marinade in large tin foil pans when I woke up and let that simmer until noon. Turned up the heat to 240*F and let that sit for two hours and then back down to 200*F again.

Party started at 6PM and we had two live Blues Bands in the old Pole Barn and served 225 people shrimp boil mixed with 80 pounds of wild hog sausages and did ribs and pulled pork off the two whole hogs in the smoker, about 280 some odd pounds of meat.

Everyone had a great time and there was no wild boar left.....all four beer kegs emptied.

Cooker.jpg

Cooking.jpg

Cook%20Out.jpg

Cook%20Out%202.jpg

200%20Lb%20Cooked%20Pork.jpg

Shrimp%20Boil%20and%20Sausage2.jpg

Shrimp%20Boil%20and%20Sausage.jpg

Now that we ate up all those hogs, will have to go out and get some more.

These .308 sized hogs that showed up on the game cam feeder this week will be targets at night later on this week, in fact the one giant boar hog with the black head will soon have my thermal cross-hair on his ear!
thumbup.gif

Feeder%20Hogs.jpg

looks like a good time was had by all,

and some interesting looking new targets there...

looking forward to the details of when you get them

Looks like someone left their hog gate open.
That's a great shot on a running coyote.I tried to shoot one that was running and never hit it this coyote kept changing directions every time I shot.

Have been wacking hogs like mad lately.

Put some corn in a tube feeder and hiked down 150 yards and five minutes later a sounder showed up!

KAC%20SBR3.jpg

Back