Southern Illinois 4 dog nite

lance brown

Had an awesome nite Wed/Thurs. Was seeing action at nearly every stand. Called 2 bobcats that would have been real easy pickin's. One cat tried to drag the caller away.
FEB7_2013QUAD.jpg

Found a really nice shed too!
usually hunt with one of my buddies, Larry, but didn't make plans with him, as I decided to hunt on the spur of the moment, and didn't leave the house til late. Both kids have been sick for a week with the flu, so haven't had any chances to get out.

Stayed out all nite (wasn't planning to initially) and had surgery Thurs afternoon. Dr. prescribed a valium before surgery, and with no sleep the nite before, I was feeling pretty loopy!

Sitting on the couch chompin' at the bit to get out again! Probably won't get another chance though before nite season goes out.

Can't figure out why photobucked keeps rotating the pic the wrong way......I give up.

Originally Posted By: the impactzone[beeep] if Valium is what it takes for a 4 dog night sign me up LOL

+1 - sounds like a really great time alone out in the woods!
thumbup1.gif

great job on the IL COYOTES. To shoot 4 in one night is is a great feat. that is more then i killed in 10 years in IL. marty.

Originally Posted By: mrdgreat job on the IL COYOTES. To shoot 4 in one night is is a great feat. that is more then i killed in 10 years in IL. marty.

Thanks. That's probably going to stand as my one day record in Southern IL for a long time for sure. The stars were definitely in alignment that nite for sure....

Awesome....Congrats.....can you share the calls/sequences to get 'em in.....Nice rifle too. I have family not far from you in Anna-Jonesboro area....but they don't yote hunt

Originally Posted By: cujo618Great job Lance. Is that rifle a RockRiver?
It's a Bushmaster Predator I picked up used right before obama took office his first term. Things were out of control then, like they are now. I was lucky to run across it at the time, and snatched it.

Wouldn't have been my first choice....but at that time, beggars couldn't be chosers. Always wanted to get something a bit lighter and/or a custom AR, but never had the dough. I'm just happy I've got it right now!

Maybe in the future I'll be able to get something a little lighter.

Nice hunt Lance....we are calling in several bobcats up in WC Illinois as well. Wonder how long we will have to wait before they open up a season for them ? Kevin

Originally Posted By: HTRN57Nice hunt Lance....we are calling in several bobcats up in WC Illinois as well. Wonder how long we will have to wait before they open up a season for them ? Kevin

Talkiing with IDNR biologists in the past....they have attempted to pass legislation, but bills got vetoed, as they were part of a larger package of items. Not sure when the last time they attempted though. I know Blago vetoed it....or I should say....I was told that by IDNR biologist.

It's interesting calling in the cats, as they act nothing like they do on the hunting DVD's. Quite often they come in before the coyotes do. It seems to me they act different due to their protected status. They don't know how good they've got it! Once they start getting some pressure, they'll probably start becoming more cautious.

went last night had 2 to come in from the north went to move the shooting sticks and they came apart and as I was trying to stick them back together I herd something behind me and when I turn to look there was a third one just feet away a huffing. That was on the old krelo ground that my buddy bought. You and larry needs to come up! oh by the way how ya doing?.

Back