Sleepy as [beeep]!

I nodded off last fall while out coyote hunting.
Went out real early while it was still dark.
Nice & cool morning and I sat up between a couple of large
round hay bales. Next thing I knew the sun was out and I had
a herd of deer about 10 feet right behind me. A buck had
woke me up while snorting at me.

Start hunting more productive stands. Usually when you have a coyote in front of you in just a few minutes you will never get tired.

litletoes have you ever had your doctor check you for "sleep apnea"? I had that problem and got tested. Found out that I quite breathing up to 85 times an hour while sleeping. They put me on a c-pap machine and I now sleep great and do not fall asleep during the day.

By the time I got there he had pulled his sleeping bag over himself so I was spared the trauma. The dog on the other hand had dreams about those little cocktail weenies for months after.
lol.gif

SHampton- Very true! Those Redlines will Def keep you awake. Just be careful with them, pretty potent stuff.

songdog- " getting sleepy on stand is an indication to me that you're not expecting any action. Ya gotta change your frame of mind and tell yourself that the action "should be" showing up at any moment. In other words, give yourself a reason to stay alert. " + 1 , Well said... My thoughts exactly

Redfrog " By the time I got there he had pulled his sleeping bag over himself so I was spared the trauma. The dog on the other hand had dreams about those little cocktail weenies for months after. " Lmao Too funny

Chew gum.... it will defiantly help you stay awake while driving... so it should while on stand as well... and chewing sunflower seeds works also.

I lady told me yesterday that the 5 hr drinks do work... but she didn't like the crash that came later... so she highly recommended the little green tea drinks that V-8 makes... she swears by them... but she could only get them at Publix Grocery Stores.

Thanks guys for the tips!

Don't think I have sleep apnea, never been tested though!

I use sunflower seeds for long drives while traveling...never thought of them while 'yote hunting...might give it a try, although it may be a bit noisy.

Interesting idea, may have to give both of those a try, gum chewing or seed chewing!

Thanks!

Back