Sleep in the Truck! 2 days hard hunting

Originally Posted By: Grandpa Fudgethis should get good!! i've seen a few good 4x4 hunting vans with beds and hatchs and hunting racks.. i liked my truck and camper rig better but killed a few with the van!! but elks truck is a great hunting rig for the daytime!!

I have to agree. This thread has really got my blood pumping. I've wanted a hunting-vehicle for a long time, but never could settle on what is was that I would settle for. Obviously, a 4WD van would be best, but those are pricey for a good one. Needless so say, 4WD would be essential here for any winter hunting activity. I also don't want anything I'll have to be constantly tinkering with, i.e. fixing up an old clunker. My time is too valuable nowadays.

To top it all off, I just bought a brand-new Tacoma TRD. The cab just isnt large enough to sleep in.

It looks like your truck camper is my goal now, Gramps.

I spent an awful lot of nights in my pre-crew/mega cab sleeper........

005.jpg

Huntsman, that looks like a tight little spot to sleep. I am sure it was snug. That back drop looks like some familar country. I am sure I will be sleeping in mine more over the years. I am working on a mini camp set up for the truck.
T

The actual 'sleeping' part was ok.... It was the getting up to get dressed part that sucked. It did beat sacking out under a steering wheel (which I've done my share of). You probably do recognize the country, as I spent 10 years hunting and longlining all over NW CO........And southern wyo.
That particular pic was just south of Walden.

Back