Show your hunting ATV's, UTV's, or whatever works for you.

Here's my 650 Prairie with a fresh Krylon camo job. Doesn't have the racks back on yet in this shot...
8-1-06upstate004.jpg

This thing goes almost anywhere and does it in a hurry if need be!

Pre-camo job with cargo via Beman ICS & Matthews SQ2
openingdaybow058pt.jpg

Quote:
I really like the rhinos but a lot of the trails around here don't allow them because they are too wide.

Won't be long before the change on width restrictions. I spoke with the Forest Service recently regarding the 50" restriction. They stated that they are in the process of rewriting the law to a weight restriction only and the Rhino will be well under the weight that is proposed . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any pics of mine but it's a standard Honda Rancher 2007 model, 4x4, red. Haven't had any time or money to put any accessories on it yet. Still need gun rack(s), trailer, some type of spotlight and maybe get my brother-in-law to build me a brush bumper with winch. I'd rather have what Huntsman22 has but I live within the god foresaken city limits. I'm startin to get mad so I'm gonna go sit in the basement so I can't see the neighbors house.

Quote:
Nope.... its got a 1640 VW engine in it. The good news about a VW engine is if I ever get lost they just follow the oil leak to find me.

That's what they use to say about my old Triumph Spitfire !! Infact, any English built car .. I use to race the Spitfire, and after each race, usually 30 laps or so, I would have to add another quart, and it only held 3.5!!

01520011.jpg

revised.jpg

the first one shows the girlfriend. i got lucky....she actually likes to come with me sometimes.

the second pic i wasn't so lucky.. took two winches and half an hour to get out

Last edited:
Huntsman22,
Did you use that blow drier in the front seat on the coyotes before the picture?
Here's my rig:
100_1083.jpg

I never got it perfected, and the skeeters ate my lunch when I tried to use it for night calling, so it's back to the drawing board.

Quote:
Did you use that blow drier in the front seat on the coyotes before the picture?

Back in the day we used to wash pelts in shampoo AND conditioner AND blow dry 'em before we sold 'em. Gotta make 'em look purdy.

I figured the blow drier was an emergency defroster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1S1K, Jiminaz nailed it........ Only I just skip the conditioner step. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You gotta admit, a '72 pinto is a dandy huntin' buggy..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Don

Quote:
I never got it perfected, and the skeeters ate my lunch when I tried to use it for night calling, so it's back to the drawing board.

I love your rig. You know what I love about it? It's original and you've put a lot of time and thought into it. I don't know about you but I have just as much fun customizing them as I do hunting out of them. Keep at it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

1S1K-
Mine is similar, a green Polaris 500 Sportsman. The back rack holds my wheelchair and lots of ammo! I always thought a swivel 'rat patrol' gun mount would be koooool!

Here is mine. 2006 Yamaha XT 225. Street legal, goes in the woods, aint got a bunch of power, good enough for what I need though. Since I've got it, I've found a bunch of new hunting spots. Very good scouting tool.

boat003.jpg

Back