Shotgun set ups!

Benelli Supernova
18.5" Carlson's threaded barrel
Patternmaster Extended Range Choke
Cheap TacStar +2 extension
Burris Speedbead + 8MOA FastFire III
Cheap Allen cartridge sleeve to hold on the duct tape and foam rubber cheek riser
Custom formed leather bipod mount
Winchester Harris knock off bipod to keep it out of the mud

35412642920_cd406e4922_b.jpg

Originally Posted By: HalbachWhat sort of range do ya get with that 18.5? I haven't even tried mine for any distance

Range is mostly determined by pattern, not barrel length. You really should read through the big sticky thread about shotguns and patterns. There is a ton of information in that thread.

Originally Posted By: HalbachWhat sort of range do ya get with that 18.5? I haven't even tried mine for any distance

Same as I got with the 26" barrel, but with a half pound less weight and 8" less length. Makes it hang a lot nicer, especially when toting it as a back-door option behind my rifle.

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: HalbachWhat sort of range do ya get with that 18.5? I haven't even tried mine for any distance

Range is mostly determined by pattern, not barrel length. You really should read through the big sticky thread about shotguns and patterns. There is a ton of information in that thread.

Exactly. I have used my 28in as well as my 18.5in and gotten the same range from both. I have found my pattern to be tighter with my 28in, seems to hold together longer, but I have used the 18.5, 22 and 28in at the same distances and gotten plenty of kills with them all.

Couldn't agree with GC more! The proof is in the pudding...or pattern as the case may be.

Back