Shooting Stix's?

I too have some homemade stixs. I took some junk rip pieces from 2x4s I had layin' around. Cut them to length, shaved them down to about 3/4" x 1", put a bolt through the pivot, rounded the edges where the gun will rest, and gave 'em a good stain. I cut the feet at an angle then drove nails up in 'em letting the nail stick out about 1/2" clipped the nails off at a sharp angle ( before the nails I had trouble with the stixs kickin' out when I would fire...problem solved.) Best part, 0 cost! CT ALSO, I put on a sling from some 3/4" webbing.

Last edited:
I found someone selling 4 fiberlass tent poles on CraigsList for $8. I made two sets so far. I used a cotter pin as the pivot and dipped the ends in Plastic Dip. I then gave it a camo paint job. I probably spent around $25 in total and I still have enough material to make about 15 more sets.

Sticks_0007a.jpg

Sticks_0008a.jpg

Sticks_0009a.jpg

Last edited:
Myself, I like the single shooting stick because if something comes in different than you thought it would you can lean the stick and shoot without having to lift the bipod up and reset it down possibly making noise. To each there own. Do what works for you.

You don't have to lift the Bog Gear bipod as the cradle pivots 360 degrees. Like Coykill says though, "Do what works for you". The total adjustability Bog Gear bipods and tripods offers makes them my choice.

If you are using the bipods that rotate 360 and you are planning on a coyote coming from straight in front of you and it comes in to the left or right of you don't you have to rotate your body a lot to shoot?

Originally Posted By: COYKILLIf you are using the bipods that rotate 360 and you are planning on a coyote coming from straight in front of you and it comes in to the left or right of you don't you have to rotate your body a lot to shoot?

The rotation is nice to make small adjustments but like anyone else with a hand held bipod, sometimes you have to pick up your sticks and move them for a better shooting angle.

Back