Shooting Sticks... 2 legs or 3?

I don't have a sling stud on my rifle, so the Snipe-Pod is really not an option. Nor do I want something attached to my forestock. I really prefer some sort of shooting sticks.

The very best stix that I have found for the type of hunting style that I primarily use(sniper stands)is the Varmint Al type. It is two legged and I can adjust in about 1 second for height and change directions almost as fast(all done with little movement) of my body. By grabbing the stix at the crossover point you can squeeze the stix to raise or release to quickly lower.They also work well for walking stix and climbing out of ditches with the number 16 spikes epoxied into the bottom and are also very sharp for icy conditions.

I have the Vanguard Pro model bipod and I love it!! B49 I believe. Lightweight, easy to adjust, and the swivel head is really nice. Recommend for sure!

Sign my up Vanguard! Lol

I'm with Rifleman2 on the 2 legged Bi-Fur Pods that are on VarmintAl's site (although he also shows you how to add the 3rd leg). I often walk through thorny vines and the Bi-Fur Pods work great to help me make it through those. I use them to maintain balance both up and down snowy and muddy hills too.
They're highly useful and adjustible for use sitting, kneeling or standing.
He's right about their ability to quickly and quietly move or simply be dropped out of the way when Wiley comes in from a direction where you need to change position.

Back