Shockwave Remote Cat List

LFP

Last night I added around 70 sounds to my Shockwave. Most but not all stay in their assigned category but a few move to other categories when I download to the remote. Anyone else ever encounter this? I even deleted all the categories on my third try and recreated them.

Are ALL of your sounds correctly numbered? As in 001, 002, 003 and so on?

If not is=t will mess up your list and categories.

The sounds must be numbered starting with 000-001-002 and must end with your last sound being numbered in perfect order from your 1st to last.

Also make sure your numbers are 001, a space and then the sound name.

I hope this helps???

I am pretty sure the numbers are right as I used that FoxPro Programmer and I think it numbered them when I added them but I will double check. I am not sure about the spaces though. I will look and thank you!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: possumalI have always had to edit categories to get everything as it should be.

I have done it several times now and still not 100% right. Everything is numbered and spaced right. Not the end of the world but it seems like the sounds I favor the most are the ones scattered here and there. I have that kind of luck hahaha!

I have always just started over when I edit categories and have never had any trouble. I just eliminate the categories as they are all mixed up anyway. I start out with my Coyote Sounds, drag and drop all of them over into that Category name, then create a new category, drag and drop, and so on. When done, click Save/done and all is left is to update your remote. It is important to know that you must drag each sound individually from the left column into the category. You cannot highlight a bunch of sounds and drag and drop them all at once.

Originally Posted By: possumal It is important to know that you must drag each sound individually from the left column into the category. You cannot highlight a bunch of sounds and drag and drop them all at once.

Ahaaa this might be my problem. I will try doing it one sound at a time. Glad I do not have a 1,000 sounds to do!! Thank you!!!!

Originally Posted By: possumalI have always just started over when I edit categories and have never had any trouble. I just eliminate the categories as they are all mixed up anyway. I start out with my Coyote Sounds, drag and drop all of them over into that Category name, then create a new category, drag and drop, and so on. When done, click Save/done and all is left is to update your remote. It is important to know that you must drag each sound individually from the left column into the category. You cannot highlight a bunch of sounds and drag and drop them all at once.

Not true!

You can hold down the Shift button and copy a number of sounds in a row.

After highlighting your selection you must then hold down the Control Key and then drag them over. Only the highlighted sounds will move, make sure when you hit and hold control you have all of the sounds highlighted you want to drag.

I did this yesterday on my CS24c and my Shockwave.

Mr. Poppadopalis, I didn't say it wouldn't work for others. I said it didn't work for me. Could be something wrong with my mouse or keyboard. I hope what you suggested works for others because it is obviously easier.

Originally Posted By: possumalMr. Poppadopalis, I didn't say it wouldn't work for others. I said it didn't work for me. Could be something wrong with my mouse or keyboard. I hope what you suggested works for others because it is obviously easier.

that is not what you said. not at all. but it is all ok. geeze.

SlickerThanSnot, I am not arguing with anybody. I am trying to help somebody who posted a problem. What is your motive? Are you editing all posts to see if they meet your needs? Mr. P said what I posted was not true. It sure was for me.

lol.gif
rolleyes.gif

Possumal, I understood your comment as even though you "could" hit the shift or ctrl keys to highlight multiple sounds and move, "don't", only do one sound at a time. Anyway thank you as that worked and good hunting to you!! Another dead coyote for me tonight!!

Originally Posted By: LFPPossumal, I understood your comment as even though you "could" hit the shift or ctrl keys to highlight multiple sounds and move, "don't", only do one sound at a time. Anyway thank you as that worked and good hunting to you!! Another dead coyote for me tonight!!

Dude,

We want pictures of dead coyotes:)

I have had sounds jump into other catagories as well and after I made 100% sure everything was right to begin with. Update the caller and have a few sounds end up in the next cat at the top or bottom. Go back & move them again until they stay put..

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: LFPPossumal, I understood your comment as even though you "could" hit the shift or ctrl keys to highlight multiple sounds and move, "don't", only do one sound at a time. Anyway thank you as that worked and good hunting to you!! Another dead coyote for me tonight!!

Dude,

here is a three legged one I shot:

Originally Posted By: 5spdI have had sounds jump into other catagories as well and after I made 100% sure everything was right to begin with. Update the caller and have a few sounds end up in the next cat at the top or bottom. Go back & move them again until they stay put..

I did that many times. They would be right on the computer but not on the remote or the call itself. Doing them one at a time worked. It is a long process. I have one category called "first pick." It is about ten sounds. Howls and distress that work best for me. If they don't work then I go to other sounds. I usually sit on a stand for 30 minutes but if I am in an area that I know is full of coyotes I will stay longer and play with other sounds. A few weeks ago I had one come charging in at the 54 minute mark.

Originally Posted By: LFPOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: LFPPossumal, I understood your comment as even though you "could" hit the shift or ctrl keys to highlight multiple sounds and move, "don't", only do one sound at a time. Anyway thank you as that worked and good hunting to you!! Another dead coyote for me tonight!!

Dude,

here is a three legged one I shot:

That looks like the one 5spd crippled a month or so ago!!

Back