Setting up the stand with e-caller

Smokeless,

I have done a little pre-scouting in actual areas.. I would have to say that I do most of it on google earth though. One of the areas I go is 40 minutes to an hour away so I can't scout it out as well as I'd like. I'd really like to find some place closer to home so I can go more often.

I just graduated college and have been looking for a job for the past two months with no luck. Now, I'm getting to the point that I just want to go out all of the time, instead of wasting my time at home finding a job that doesn't exist. I'd rather go hunt for coyotes that don't exist. lol at least not where I'm looking.

Which brings me to another point, I've heard several opinions from different people, but what do you guys think about time of day for hunting? If I went out mid-day, is that likely to be a waste of time in most cases? If anyone in my area could steer me in a direction to where I might even catch a glimpse or hear a promising sound of a yote nearby I'd really appreciate it.

You can call coyotes any time of the day.

Good luck on the job hunting as well.

Get a map of the area you live in, I like the book that lists each state and has them broken out by grids. They are published by DeLorme, as for example "Utah Atlas and Gazetter" You can find areas that may be close to your area without all the drive time. Backroads are your friend, traveled roads you may have to go as much as 1/4-1/2 mile off the road to get response.

Almost got a giant jacckrabit today lol I don't know if that's what it was.... some kind of bunny that was BIG and gray and hopped away liked a bunny when I realized my gun wasn't shooting because the safety was on. lol Good practice. Not yotes though.

I usually have my best luck Coyote/Predator Hunting in the early mornings at first light and into about the first 3-4 hours then late evening again around the last 2-3 hours of the day and like Deer Hunting the last hour to 30 minutes of light being the most productive!

With You bring out West and with more open Areas any time is a good time to Hunt just certain hours being better than others!Stay after the Coyotes,take pictures and be safe when Hunting Miss Lady_Yote!
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Here in Nebraska we have coyotes everywhere but where I'm calling. I do some scouting with Google Earth but most of my scouting is done while out hunting for other things such as Deer or Turkeys. Here , I try to call with a food source near by such as within a mile of Cattle or where I know Deer and Turkeys hang out. With my call sounds traveling a mile I really don't like to get too far into their territory. I like to have them come to me . Less scent,less noise, less chance of getting busted. You seem to have a lot of determination, I like that. Focus on your goal!

Back