Second Chance Coyote

DoubleUp

Last night was the first night after the full moon, and first night I've had decent weather to hunt in two weeks. I managed to get in a short stand ahead of the moon rise. There was a coyote hunting in the field within minutes after I got set up. He wasn't having anything to do with rabbit or bird sounds. I finally broke him loose with Canine Pups. I growled him to a stop at aboout 100 yds. and missed the chip shot somehow. Thanks to the suppressor (Banish 30), he ran a few yds. and stopped trying to figure out where that sound came from. He stopped quartering away from me and I settled down enough to put one in just behind his rib cage and blew his heart out with the 50 gr. v-max out of my AR. He ran a few yds. and gave up the ghost. Turned out to be another big male which I suspected it was when I first saw him. Landowner was happy to know he was gone. Here is the video:

The hold did look good to me as well, but the way he jumped it looked like the shot went under him. I was glad to get the second chance.

Back