Scope for day AND night hunting?

mbowerma ... thanks for your information about the Muellers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif. It was very helpful in deciding to go to a illuminated recticle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gifI think my brother in law may get one for his mini-14 (ruger ranch rifle). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Pruson...thanks for your input on the heavy recticle Leupold's as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
I ordered one of the new Burris FFII's 3-9x40 LRS ballistic reticles last thursday after a good deal of thought. I have a Bushnell 2-7 3200 with firefly thats ok, also a cheapy Nikko Diamond 30mm. 3-9x42 ill. Dot #4 reticle thats quite usable.

I settled on the Burris illuminated ballitic because I already have a 223 load mapped for the reticle on a RRA upper. I'll just have to confirm it with the ill. Burris when I swap'm. That way when the sun comes up I'll be set for a bit more yardage.

Really I prefer that little dot in the cheapy Nikko over the Bushnell firefly. Maybe it's just my old eye's but that little dot seems a bit better for a precise hold and the glass is'nt as bad as I'd thought it'd be.

I did see Bushnell just came out with a couple in the Trophy line with #4 ill. dots, 30mm tubes a 1-4, 1.5-6x42. They also have the fine 4200 series with the ill. dots and I'll bet there fine scopes. I'm sure some top line glass with heavy duplex or post would be a good choice also.

Back