Scar Face.... "Delilah" comes out of the closet.

drooling-1.gif
Dang it Claimbuster, I need a towel again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

DogGone Furhunter, Two Swarovskis on those puppies...Thats some bucks alone not counting the rifle. cause I have one.
6 X 18 X 50.....I hardly could afford one but, they are great glass. Nice rifles also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

One thing that is important to remember, both Furhunter and I have well employed wives. They make the mortgage payments, car payments, utility bills, etc, etc.

We are "kept" men and use our measly paychecks to buy guns.

What more can I say.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
DogGone Furhunter, Two Swarovskis on those puppies...Thats some bucks alone not counting the rifle. cause I have one.
6 X 18 X 50.....I hardly could afford one but, they are great glass. Nice rifles also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I actually have yet another on my Dakota predator in 17FB.
Guess whats going to end up on this new rifle Delilah.

They are a chunk of change but with the BR reticle in them, they are by far the best varmint scope out there by a long ways. Nothing even comes close in my opinion. Course being able to buy them for about 300 less than retail, and the wife that works........... really helps too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
One thing that is important to remember, both Furhunter and I have well employed wives. They make the mortgage payments, car payments, utility bills, etc, etc.

That's a great point..I've never considered either one of you two "gun snob's" As a matter of fact i enjoy you guy's posting pic's of you're fine firearm's.Nothing wrong with that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

In particular with our current economic climate..Some of us can't afford certain thing's right now..I've got commission check's to prove it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
It's neither here nor' there,But my family has scraped by on a single income for about 15 year's now.I've been down the road of "cheapie" new rifle's & it didn't work out for me..Now i'm kinda regulated to finding good used rifle's..

Therefore investing in quality product's the 1st time if ya can..Might make more sense than ever..

JMO...

Quote:
That's a great point..I've never considered either one of you two "gun snob's" As a matter of fact i enjoy you guy's posting pic's of you're fine firearm's.Nothing wrong with that

In particular with our current economic climate..Some of us can't afford certain thing's right now..I've got commission check's to prove it
It's neither here nor' there,But my family has scraped by on a single income for about 15 year's now.I've been down the road of "cheapie" new rifle's & it didn't work out for me..Now i'm kinda regulated to finding good used rifle's..

Therefore investing in quality product's the 1st time if ya can..Might make more sense than ever..

Dave,
If I ever sound like a snob I would hope you would come forward and tell me so. I really am not that kind of person at all.

I have purchased more than my share of new and used rifles, some are here still and some are gone, some good ones.....some....well not so good. After looking at some of the money I was spending, and figuring the extra "tax" on some rifles you have to pay to get them to shoot, well I was spending about the same on those as some of the basic Coopers that are out there. If more people would try one, they would soon forget about the cost difference's between Coopers and lets say brand "R" for instance!:D Especially since some of brand "R" rifles are up near the 800 to 1K now...then figure in the extra "tax" LOL!

I hear you about the economic climate, being self employed........ I have a Cooper Phoenix in 6mm rem half paid for right now sitting in South Dakota, I will get it home soon but dont know when I will be able to scope it? could be awhile. The only reason I was able to get this one from CB is because I finally sold that pretty Cooper 204 I had in the Classifieds, freed up some coin to play with. Sell a gun buy a gun you know!!

Hey Dave, I second what Furhunter said, I hope to never sound like a snob.

When our kids were growing up I had a total of three guns in my closet. An 870 Remington, a Remington Rand 1911 and a 220 Swift that my Dad had built. I think I went 12 years without buying a gun. I just couldn't afford too. Oh, I forgot an old S&W M&P 38SP that belonged to my G-pa. It was the gun I shot.

It seemed like very extra buck went to buying clothes, shoes, school expenses, etc, etc. With three kids....you know the story. Well that time for us has long gone. Our youngest turns 39 y.o. in four days.

It's just old g-ma and me and neither of us has been in a big hurry to retire. Probably can't fathom the idea of being at home with each other all day long.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Neither g-ma or I have expensive hobbies other than my guns. We're not into cruises, Disneyland, ski trips, expensive dinners out, family vacations, etc, etc.

We've both been lucky in that we have dodged the layoff bullet and hopefully that will continue.

So remember when I'm clowning around about the rifles, that is the sum total of the excitement in my life.....excluding of course when G-ma has had a couple of shots of tequila!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I had the pleasure of spending a weekend shooting priarie dogs with Furhunter and Claimbuster and believe me they are not snobs in anyway. Nice guys with nice guns. Just like I want to be when I grow up.

Coopers and Swarovskis, the stuff dreams are made of.

ELJ

Hey there guy's.

Trust me i've never considered either of you two as being snob's..

As i mentioned above i enjoy seeing pic's of your Cooper's,One day there will be one or two @ the Allen household.Or when i can figure out how to sneak one in without the wife knowing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, here's a picture of Furhunters old gun. Sporting a new Leupold, 6.5X20, long range scope, with the varmint reticle. Sure is prettier than my Rem.700 VSSF, which just became my back up gun.
204.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Good to see you got it ok!

I know from the way it shoots, your going to love it!

OMG, is that the rifle that was only driven by a little old lady on Sundays and then never over 3700fps?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Furhunter, how did you give that baby up??? Sweet rifle.

Claim, this is the first time I read your sig line, who said that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
Furhunter, how did you give that baby up??? Sweet rifle.

It is a sweet rifle!
Why I gave it up? a couple reasons really. First I just couldnt fall in love with the 204. I tried.....I really did, even though the rifle was a fantastic shooter, the 204 just failed to impress me in anyway. Its a powder hog for its performance which leads to the second reason, barrel heat. The coopers I have are prairie dog rifles, you can get 6 to 8 rounds from a 204 before it gets hot. While the 17FB, 221FB and the 20VT can get at least 15 before they warm up. Its a numbers game and 80% of all the shots that where taken last year where under 300 yards, well within range of the more efficient fireball variants. You get 250 rounds out of a pound of powder in the 204, I can get 375 to 400 out of the same pound in the fireballs. If that rifle would have been anything but the 204, I would still have it.

Quote:
Claim, this is the first time I read your sig line, who said that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Don't remember where I got it, probably from the Boy Scouts!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
OK, one more. Here's one of Delilah's big sisters and she's sad too.

mv2201.jpg

M22 220S

AAAHHHHHH...............Long live the Swiftus...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Somehow my friends started calling mine "sledgehammer" and it just sorta stuck...Not sure why??

Last edited:
I call mine "fast and loose".

In the safe is a Swift my Dad built up in 1953. He was a Swift fanatic. I was just a little guy when, on our first trip to the gravel pit, I watched him put 5 shots into a hole a dime would cover. His load was a 55gr. SIE Spitzer over 36gr. of IMR3031. It gave him about 3700fps and was extremely accurate.

Funny, isn't it, in 55 years how little things have changed.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Back