Savage 93 17 HMR Missfires???

Well I have so enjoyed visiting with you all. Your obvious superior knowledge of all things related to firearms is overwhelming and I cannot compete with it.Now I can see where MOA( MOMENT OF ANGLE) would have a direct effect on misfires. I think that I am done with this game of bruised egos and have better and much more productive things to do with my time than trade shots with some-------------- And sandy how did you know about Navy air wings--- before all of you were born. Good By.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: phantom phixerWell I have so enjoyed visiting with you all. Your obvious superior knowledge of all things related to firearms is overwhelming and I cannot compete with it.Now I can see where MOA( MOMENT OF ANGLE) would have a direct effect on misfires. I think that I am done with this game of bruised egos and have better and much more productive things to do with my time than trade shots with some-------------- And sandy how did you know about Navy air wings--- before all of you were born. Good By.

Well, well...it seems you are the one with a bruised ego, running off with your tail tucked.

You couldn't wrap your mind around the fact of where HMR ammo was built. That simple information skimmed right off the top of your non-receptive skull.

Also, Moment of Angle is nonsense. It is not a real thing, plain and simple.

I thought you claimed to have plenty thick skin...that has proven to be false. It wasn't trading shots as you claim, but simply correcting the mass amounts of misinformation you were preaching as gospel. Even at your age, there's plenty to learn, if willing. I am learning everyday, as a matter of fact.

Oh, and lastly, it is good bye. Not "good by" for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pahntr760Oh, and lastly, it is good bye. Not "good bye" for what it's worth.

lol.gif
same, same with no quote thingies. oops
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: pahntr760Oh, and lastly, it is good bye. Not "good bye" for what it's worth.

lol.gif
same, same with no quote thingies. oops
lol.gif

Damnn...I can't even make that dumb of a clerical error on purpose.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOl' phantom didn't last long did he?

He's likely out trying to quantify or qualify his Moment Of Angle nonsense.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOl' phantom didn't last long did he?

not all of us here in the Big Sky are thin-skinned a**hats, I assure you

Shane is just being a big ol'meanie and hurting the new guys feelers with facts and what not
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogsOriginally Posted By: pyscodogOl' phantom didn't last long did he?

not all of us here in the Big Sky are thin-skinned a**hats, I assure you

Shane is just being a big ol'meanie and hurting the new guys feelers with facts and what not
crazy.gif

That's me, all day.

grin.gif

Back to the issue: My Savage 93 has been back for repairs twice and has started to misfire again. They (Savage) filed (poorly) the bolt and reset the headspace, that lasted about 250 rounds. The second repair, they replaced the bolt. This year, mine started the same old crap again, along with two other model 93's that buddies have. I speak out against the 93, and continue to show people at the gun stores the design fault. This should be a class action suit!
Now I have a heavy barreled Mossburg .17 HMR, & no problems with it. I only have 5-600 rounds through it so far. I also have two B-Mag's, both with only feeding issues until they broke in. I'm now using AMSOIL gun cleaner/Lube. It one slick lube!
My heavy barreled B-Mag has a Boyd's Pro Varmint stock and feels like a winner! Love the .17 WSM, and Wally World sells the ammo for under $15 / 50 rounds.

Originally Posted By: Bad DawgThat kinda stuff is normal with Savages.

From what I have read, you base all your vast knowledge of Savages off of rimfires. I have four Savages now and have zero issue's with any of them. One is a rimfire and I actually sold a CZ because the Savage out shot it. Go figure! But....thats why there are lots of options. Shoot what you like, its not my money and you don't pick and pay for my rifles either.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: Bad DawgThat kinda stuff is normal with Savages.

From what I have read, you base all your vast knowledge of Savages off of rimfires. I have four Savages now and have zero issue's with any of them. One is a rimfire and I actually sold a CZ because the Savage out shot it. Go figure! But....thats why there are lots of options. Shoot what you like, its not my money and you don't pick and pay for my rifles either.

100 Yards with the 455 Varmint .22 Mag. Yep, the not so accurate .22 Mag. Those are 1" targets.

If you are selling any more of your CZs let me know. I'll take 'em off your hands.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWell, if those are real targets shot with a 22 mag and really at 100 yards, you got quite a rifle there. But?????????

I'd sell my right testical and left thumb before I sold that rifle.

Originally Posted By: Bad DawgOriginally Posted By: pyscodogWell, if those are real targets shot with a 22 mag and really at 100 yards, you got quite a rifle there. But?????????

Thats good to hear! How much?

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: Bad DawgOriginally Posted By: pyscodogWell, if those are real targets shot with a 22 mag and really at 100 yards, you got quite a rifle there. But?????????

Why do you want his right testicle?

Originally Posted By: NdIndyOriginally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: Bad DawgOriginally Posted By: pyscodogWell, if those are real targets shot with a 22 mag and really at 100 yards, you got quite a rifle there. But?????????

Cats got to eat!

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: NdIndyOriginally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: Bad DawgOriginally Posted By: pyscodogWell, if those are real targets shot with a 22 mag and really at 100 yards, you got quite a rifle there. But?????????

Cats got to eat!

I can't sell it that's the only one I have left. The ex girlfriend took the other one.

Back