Savage 17 BMag Range Report

All I could get was 200 rounds of 20 gr. I will be keeping my eyes open for other ammo, though the 20 gr. Winchesters shot excellent, so really there would be no reason for me to switch!

I shot a woodchuck with it this morning, and I would compare the damage to shooting one with a .223 and a soft point. I wouldn't hesitate to use this as a calling rifle for coyotes in the right venues.

I love Savage rifles in 10-16 action but this B-Mag feels like a POS.

Not trying to offend anybody, as I am a big Savage supporter but I cycled the bolt a good 20 times and may did it feel awful and cheap.

Disappointed in Savages work on this on.

Originally Posted By: Robinhood21I love Savage rifles in 10-16 action but this B-Mag feels like a POS.

Not trying to offend anybody, as I am a big Savage supporter but I cycled the bolt a good 20 times and may did it feel awful and cheap.

Disappointed in Savages work on this on.

I own one of the HB SS versions and not only am I NOT offended but I couldn't agree with you MORE! The plastic stock version Bmag has the worst POS I've ever seen put on an actual working firearm. I'm not so sure I haven't seen toy guns with better stocks on them. Thank God for Boyds because that's what mine had on it before it ever fired a single round.

As for the bolt handle, lol, first time I had a Bmag in my hands, I actually thought the bolt was broken. That's a pizz poor design at best. I put a Glades bolt handle on mine, not because it functions a bit better, but because I couldn't stand to look at the factory one it came with.

But, even with, all their poor and or cheap design flaws, with a new Boyds Tacticool bedded stock, shortened to 20in and threaded barrel, mine shoots extremely well and I certainly can't complain about that. And as long as you don't notice those ridiculous looking barrel rings, it now looks like something I'll admit to owning. lol

Back