Sako

I feel ya. Everything about the U.P. is beautiful. Except it's women. It don't get no better when you cross over the border into Wisconsin, either. There is a reason why they brew the beer there. It is to counteract all the cheese and brats the women eat.........

I have many Sako's and a couple Savages and their not compareable in looks or functioning. I think your looking for an argument but if you own a Sako you would understand.

If you look at a rifle as a tool then buy a Savage or whatever you feel gets the most bang for your buck. If you look at a rifle as a work of art then buy the best you can afford and put good glass on it. You will be proud to own it for a long time.

Originally Posted By: chefpierreMaybe not

I'm an old man at 61, and definitely not..!!

Life is too short to make love to ugly women or to own ugly rifles when there are other options...

Again, just my opinion and how I see it... No grenade fragging necessary if your opinion differs......
grin.gif
I'm only speaking for myself...

-BCB

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunI feel ya. Everything about the U.P. is beautiful. Except it's women. It don't get no better when you cross over the border into Wisconsin, either. There is a reason why they brew the beer there. It is to counteract all the cheese and brats the women eat.........

I have a friend in another state and he tells me that the women in the northern part of that state usually have a nice tooth....

God Bless Texas....
thumbup.gif

-BCB

Nah Sako's are not over priced you get what you pay for. If you want a fine firearm that shoots looks great and does it with reputation and dignity then a Sako is your gun. If you just want a shooter there is others out there but there is just something about a Sako that puts them in a class all their own.

I'm really not looking for an argument im just wondering why pay so much money for just the rifle when you could pay 1/3-1/2 of that and get a Savage that will do same as a Sako.

Cause some have the money to do it and it is a luxury to own one. Just like owning a Ferrari why own it when a civic would get you to the same place. It is all preference and what you are looking for vs. what you can afford. Give me 1 Sako over 10 savages any day. I am done I see you are just stirring the pot so I will stay out now.

I don't understand why everyone is trying to say that eclubine is trying to start an argument. He is just curious and is hoping that by asking the questions that he is will help him understand why a Sako is so expensive. If a person has never owned a Sako but they have heard that someone can shoot 1/2 MOA with it and he can shoot the same with his Savage then he should be curious. He payed half as much for his Savage. I am not saying that a Sako isn't worth the money. I am not trying to start any arguments here. I just see a person who is curious and trying to understand what makes a Sako worth the money that you have to pay to get one. I am pretty sure that we use forums to ask others questions that we ourselves do not know the answer to. I just don't feel like eclubine thinks that his question has been answered. Maybe the only way he can understand why they are worth the money is if he actually handles one. I am just trying to get everyone to help him and not put him down.

P.S. A Ferrari will get you the same place as a Civic but in half the time and you will have 4 times the amount of girls in the car when you get where you are going.

Originally Posted By: eclubineI'm really not looking for an argument im just wondering why pay so much money for just the rifle when you could pay 1/3-1/2 of that and get a Savage that will do same as a Sako.

Im not talking about sako or savage specifically, but have you ever owned a rifle that you could just sit there and stare at like its the best movie you ever watched, and then its even better when you take it out and shoot it, and then you get to clean it. Cleaning a gun/rifle like that is fun just being able to hold it and stare at the lines..........

Originally Posted By: stofferahnI don't understand why everyone is trying to say that eclubine is trying to start an argument. He is just curious and is hoping that by asking the questions that he is will help him understand why a Sako is so expensive. If a person has never owned a Sako but they have heard that someone can shoot 1/2 MOA with it and he can shoot the same with his Savage then he should be curious. He payed half as much for his Savage. I am not saying that a Sako isn't worth the money. I am not trying to start any arguments here. I just see a person who is curious and trying to understand what makes a Sako worth the money that you have to pay to get one. I am pretty sure that we use forums to ask others questions that we ourselves do not know the answer to. I just don't feel like eclubine thinks that his question has been answered. Maybe the only way he can understand why they are worth the money is if he actually handles one. I am just trying to get everyone to help him and not put him down.

P.S. A Ferrari will get you the same place as a Civic but in half the time and you will have 4 times the amount of girls in the car when you get where you are going.

It has been answered. If two rifles shoot approx. the same and one "just does it for you" and the other is kind of eh, but it'll do. Thats the answer. Its about what people like to hold in their hands, and have pride in, or its just another rifle that shoots.

Originally Posted By: Bayou City BoyOriginally Posted By: 2muchgunI feel ya. Everything about the U.P. is beautiful. Except it's women. It don't get no better when you cross over the border into Wisconsin, either. There is a reason why they brew the beer there. It is to counteract all the cheese and brats the women eat.........

I have a friend in another state and he tells me that the women in the northern part of that state usually have a nice tooth....

God Bless Texas....
thumbup.gif

-BCB

We hide the good ones from the southerners.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunI'm guessin' you don't need much room to do it......
laugh.gif

Quickly, ladies..! Both of you hide in the closet....! And don't make a sound..!
grin.gif

-BCB

I think the answer to the question is based on what you have owned.....

There are different grades of factory rifles that separate themselves one from the other in terms of utility and functional beauty.

When you buy your first custom rifle, even if its just a custom barrel and custom stock, all factory rifles might become less than glamorous in comparison.

And then if you are fortunate enough to have a custom rifle built from scratch with extensive metal smithing on the action, bolt, bottom metal, and barrel, custom metal grip caps and butt pads, custom marbled wood and stock with finely cut elaborate checkering, custom scope mounts, etc., you reach another level.

Bottom line: They all might shoot /12" groups but there is no comparison in terms of how you look at them. Some are serviceable and you don't care a lot if they get dinged up some. Others are functional also, but you do all you can to keep them from getting scratched or dinged unnecessarily when hunting with them.

Unfortunately they all cost different amounts of money. For a guy just wanting a serviceable hunting rifle with no concern for frills, a bottom line factory rifle that shoots well will suffice. If you want more than that, you typically pay more but you appreciate it more too in most cases if you truly like and appreciate the beauty of fine rifles for what they are.

JMO - BCB

Back