sako actions

mooner

I've come across a sako action new in the box thinking of getting it and building a 260. My question is how are sako's for a build i've never been around them much?

Depending on your plans and what Sako action it is, aftermarket parts availability varies.

Factory parts are very expensive compared to other brands. Some are easy to get. Others, not so much.

McMillan makes plenty of Sako stocks, and they would get the call, if it were me.........

100_0382.jpg

Years ago, I had a small spring break in a Sako action.. It locked up the action and nothing I could do or the local 'smiths would get it to open.. Sold it to a guy for 50 bucks.. He had it 6 mths. picked it up one day and was looking it over, and he heard a click. The bolt opened with no problem.. He replaced the spring and sold it. Not for 50 bucks.. Last Sako I ever owned.

2Much I just got off mcmillan site was thinking A3-5 or a hunter ser. a3 , a 22in hart barrel fluted in 260 or 6.5creedmoore that action was a 570 something i can't remember the number i'm going back in the morning to look at it again i will get the number for it

Originally Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunterYears ago, I had a small spring break in a Sako action.. It locked up the action and nothing I could do or the local 'smiths would get it to open.. Sold it to a guy for 50 bucks.. He had it 6 mths. picked it up one day and was looking it over, and he heard a click. The bolt opened with no problem.. He replaced the spring and sold it. Not for 50 bucks.. Last Sako I ever owned.

They all do that. That's why they sell so cheap and why no one wants an older Sako.

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunterYears ago, I had a small spring break in a Sako action.. It locked up the action and nothing I could do or the local 'smiths would get it to open.. Sold it to a guy for 50 bucks.. He had it 6 mths. picked it up one day and was looking it over, and he heard a click. The bolt opened with no problem.. He replaced the spring and sold it. Not for 50 bucks.. Last Sako I ever owned.

They all do that. That's why they sell so cheap because no one wants a Sako.

Laffin! Yep Sako's are junk, they shoot terrible too.
laugh.gif
The last Sako A1 rifle I sold, went in a few hours. Picked this little Sako up, in 17 Javalina put together by A&M in Prescott AZ, for a Very Good price. Neat little actions, I think this is a L491. The bluing is excellent on this rifle, the pic is deceiving but that is dust from the old rifle soft case I got free with it.

Yep, no one wants one of those dirt-cheap, inaccurate junk 85s or TRGs.
I recently bought an A7. Couldn't sell my Remington 700s fast enough.
Very nice rifle, junki!

Thanks,
It really is a neat little rifle. I made up about 50 pieces of brass from 223 brass. Fireformed them with the cheap, 20gr Varmint nightmare extremes and they shot about an inch. Got some 1680 powder now to try with some VMAX bullets or my Bergers. Curious how much better this little rascal will shoot now.

I have some older Sako's, a Model 75 in 17 Rem being the newest. I'd like to get some more.

Originally Posted By: Winny Fan

They all do that. That's why they sell so cheap and why no one wants an older Sako.

Yeah right..........you enjoy making dumb statements.

Ya big Finnish pieces of junk. All the Sako's I ever had the worst shot 3/4 of an inch. And those darn bolts are so smooth it makes you eject the brass to fast and you could dent it!

Mooner - my fav is my repeater 6ppc. my 30-06 pre garcia mannlicher is a little heavy. it will make a great build. 2much what caliber is that?? very nice.

Originally Posted By: AckmanOriginally Posted By: Winny Fan

Originally Posted By: AubreyD.Ya big Finnish pieces of junk. All the Sako's I ever had the worst shot 3/4 of an inch. And those darn bolts are so smooth it makes you eject the brass to fast and you could dent it!

Some of you need to lighten up and not take yourselves and life so seriously when you're behind your keyboard.

I currently own over a dozen L and A series Sako rifles, so I should know something about what I'm talking about.
rolleyes.gif

With that said, I guess I've been lucky with the ones I have and others I've owned and sold as none of them or any others I've ever been around have had the dreaded "spring locked up the bolt issue".

Carry on, troops. And maybe Google the definition of sarcasm.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: AckmanOriginally Posted By: Winny Fan

Originally Posted By: AubreyD.Ya big Finnish pieces of junk. All the Sako's I ever had the worst shot 3/4 of an inch. And those darn bolts are so smooth it makes you eject the brass to fast and you could dent it!

Some of you need to lighten up and not take yourselves and life so seriously when you're behind your keyboard.

I currently own over a dozen L and A series Sako rifles, so I should know something about what I'm talking about.
rolleyes.gif

With that said, I guess I've been lucky with the ones I have and others I've owned and sold as none of them or any others I've ever been around have had the dreaded "spring locked up the bolt issue".

thumbup1.gif

My my......."over a dozen" Sakos would make you the one wouldn't it.

You've been saying dumb things for a long time. You've just proved that you enjoy doing it.

Originally Posted By: AckmanOriginally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: AckmanOriginally Posted By: Winny Fan

rolleyes.gif

thumbup1.gif

My my......."over a dozen" Sakos would make you the one wouldn't it.

You've been saying dumb things for a long time. You've just proved that you enjoy doing it.

You're my internet hero and I'm just trying to keep up with the high standards you've set in several other locations.

(And yet another one nibbles the hook because of poor reading comprehension and apparent low self esteem that gets a boost on the internet)

Originally Posted By: AubreyD.The comment I made was sarcastic.

My initial comment about they all do that (lock up) was the same, but I guess it zipped by at least one person.

A few of the Sakos I own would be among the last rifles I'll ever get rid of.

Headed to the airport in a few minutes for a hunting trip. One of them in 264 Win Mag is going with me. Sure hope it doesn't lock up on me.

Back