RPG 6x6.8: Yote Hammer!

Originally Posted By: jefo65Nicely done!! Try loading up some 70gr Sierra MatchKings over 30grs of N133 and let me know what ya think of that. I'm getting a little over 3325fps out a 19" Shilen 1-10 twist from a 6mm Hagar,..and man does it anchor them with virtually no hide damage as of yet.

I've never tried any of the Vihtavuori powders, I guess I better put that on my list of powders to try. 3325fps for a 70gr bullet out of a 19" barrel is moving. I'm curious about your barrel length, why 19in?

Im pretty sure jeff chose a 19 inch barrel because he is just special. When he was young i think he rode the short bus to school. And yes, thats me he is talking about with the clumsy 243.

Originally Posted By: NV BillOriginally Posted By: jefo65Nicely done!! Try loading up some 70gr Sierra MatchKings over 30grs of N133 and let me know what ya think of that. I'm getting a little over 3325fps out a 19" Shilen 1-10 twist from a 6mm Hagar,..and man does it anchor them with virtually no hide damage as of yet.

I've never tried any of the Vihtavuori powders, I guess I better put that on my list of powders to try. 3325fps for a 70gr bullet out of a 19" barrel is moving. I'm curious about your barrel length, why 19in?

Couldn't decide if I wanted 18" or 20" for a calling rifle so I split the difference . Went 19" with the midlength gas sys..rifle length hardguard covers the gas block up nicely & she still runs like a sewing machine

Originally Posted By: PriMeR450Im pretty sure jeff chose a 19 inch barrel because he is just special. When he was young i think he rode the short bus to school. And yes, thats me he is talking about with the clumsy 243.

Haha, well 19" does seem like a short bus decision!!

I guess I shouldn't kid too much I almost ordered a 23" barrel one time!

man you guys in spring creek have your hands full with yotes. Was on the duck hunting forum and a few members were talking about getting a bunch of mangy yotes while duck hunting.

Originally Posted By: NV Bill

C'mon now,...ya gotta admit,..she's perty durn easy on the eyes fellas,....and is known to be somewhat of a "shooter" too!
(3 shot group @ 125yds - I used a 209 primer for reference,..folks that use a dime are covering up a bad group!)

6mmhagar1.jpg

6mmhagar.jpg

6mmhagargroup.jpg

Originally Posted By: 07yzrysderman you guys in spring creek have your hands full with yotes. Was on the duck hunting forum and a few members were talking about getting a bunch of mangy yotes while duck hunting.

There's a few around if you know where to look, and a little luck always helps!

Originally Posted By: jefo65Originally Posted By: NV Bill

C'mon now,...ya gotta admit,..she's perty durn easy on the eyes fellas,....and is known to be somewhat of a "shooter" too!
(3 shot group @ 125yds - I used a 209 primer for reference,..folks that use a dime are covering up a bad group!)

She is good lookin! Nice group too!

Originally Posted By: cedarcreekcoonerGot mine this week. Need to get the rest if the parts lined up so I can get to shooting it.

Be sure to let us know how it goes!

And don't forget pictures. . .

Back