RL-10X vs. BL-C(2) for the .204 Ruger accuracy

p5200

I'm thinking of buying a pound of one of these two powders for my CZ 527 Varmint in Kevlar 24" barrel 1:12" twist to try so far I've tried Benchmark with pretty good results. I've heard the RL-10X is more temp. sensitive. All input or personal experiences with the two are greatly appreciated!
smile.gif

Last edited:
I shoot 3 different .204 Rugers and all of them agree that RL-10x is the cats pjs. I pretty much use it exclusively and I shoot all year long from the subzero weather of the prairie to the mid summer heat of July. Never had any problems with pressure.

Originally Posted By: skb2706I shoot 3 different .204 Rugers and all of them agree that RL-10x is the cats pjs. I pretty much use it exclusively and I shoot all year long from the subzero weather of the prairie to the mid summer heat of July. Never had any problems with pressure. Well, I think you've made my decision for me. Thanks!
smile.gif

I have had great results with RL-10X with 39 gr Blitz Kings, but if you are worried about Temp Sensitive powder. Try H4895...Very good results in the 204.

I've been a Benchmark shooter for the past several years while shooting prairie dogs. This past year I did experiment with 10X in two Cooper .204's. Accuracy was great with both 32 and 39 gr Blitzkings, and in both guns. Velocity was very good, even better than Benchmark. I have also heard about temp concerns, and that does effect what I finally decide for this years loads. My 10X loads(max) and a 32 gr bk produced groups in the .2's, and avg over 4000 fps. This is with a gun with over 2500 rounds down the tube!

Rl-10X is a great powder to work with on the .204. You can use it from the light 26 gr Varmint Grenades to the heavier bullets with great results. I usually use it with 40 gr bullets, but have had great accuracy out of the lighter bullets as well. As far as temperature sensitivity goes, I usually shoot in the colder months, so havent had much experience in the warmer months to give any feedback

p5200, 10X shot very good in my rifle with the 39BK. H4895 shot even better! WSR primers, with that load, grouped the best out of the 5 I tried also. I also shoot a CZ 527 Kevlar.

I've got three .204's: a Ruger, a Remington and a DPMS.....and RL10X has given the best results with the 39gr Sierra SBK.....winter or summer......

R-10X shot great out of my two .204 AR's and my .204 ruger. But H4895 shot just a hair better and was more consistant on the chrono for me. But both were very close and I will reload with either powder without hesitiation. Good luck working up your loads!

I shoot RL-10x/39 gr. Sierra BK loads in my Savage 16 204 Ruger.
This last fall we hit the PD fields in WY, after a successful
speed goat hunt. It was HOT. Like 80 something. I had three
rifles working, so each could cool, but while they were up,
I warmed them up pretty good. I never noticed a POI change
over the temp change in the 204 Ruger. And we were shooting
Pdogs out to 500 yards. If RL-10x is temp. sensitive, I
never noticed. Now H-380...Be careful with that powder.

Squeeze

Originally Posted By: Sandhills yoteWhere are you guys getting your reload data for .204 and RL-10x? I'm not finding anything on alliant website. Any help appreciated,Wade

I think I got mine from Sierra.

Squeeze

25.3 grains of IMR3031, sierra 39gr bk, federal 205m. Sub 1/4s everytime, bad part is only 3500fps from 24" howa. tried to speed em up with same powder and starts stringing a bit. Id rather give up the speed for the accuracy. tennis balls at 500yds with a .204 surprised me.

As far as BL-C2 goes, 30gr under both 40gr and 32gr v-max bullets with Fed 205Ms produces great accuracy in my Rem 7........

Back