Reputable decoy trainer/breeder

Got a buddy that has a male he bred to a female in Missouri. The little red dog will be 2 in Feb. I'm picking up a full sister to her Dec. 3rd. I can see if there are anymore available if you want. I'll tell you right now that you have to have a firm and heavy hand with them because they will get themselves killed. I've beat the life out of this dog a couple of times, so bad I feel terrible about it but we're on the same page now and she is as controllable as any dog I've ever owned.

Most guys don't sell a good finished decoy dog. Just takes too dang long to get them where you want them. Most I have seen being sold that were "good finished dogs" are ones that used to be good but then stopped working like they should so they get sold. I would want to hunt the dog a week or 2 in the summer before I wrote a fat check for one.

Here's the ad for the last one I sold. Kinda hard to beat a guarantee like that. Dogs aren't hard to make. I enjoy working with young dogs and I can only hunt so many. I don't know anyone that has a dog they wouldn't change something about. I also know that the dog I think is the best out there has quit a time or two and came back around so I guess everyone has had different experiences.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...081#Post2855081

I dont agree that dogs aren't hard to make. in my honest opinion to make a good dog it needs to see a good amount of coyotes in a short time frame. most people either dont have the land or the amount of coyotes or the skills to call and show a dog enough coyotes. that in itself makes it not a simple feat. But if a man has lots of good land with a good amount of coyotes and knows how to call them in on a consistent basis and is just halfway decent with a dog, he can make a good one.

my dogs would be someone else's culls just like others wouldnt get fed at my home. its all in what toots your flute. Some people get good or decent ones and keep them for a long time and others go through them frequently. not a big deal as long as you are having a good time.

IMO, the ad that SHampton referenced above is about as accurate and fair as an ad for a decoy dog could ever be. I can remember how quick I would have bought her if the money was available. As I've said before, I've seen enough of his dogs working to know what it takes to please him. They would please me too.

Just read the ad and it sounded very honest. too bad more people arent that brutally honest about dogs!! the only thing i would be worried about is her killing pack mates and i would want to hunt her and see if she has really gotten over the part of not going out when casted to a coyote. if she does what is said of her and you can pen her up alone, i bet she will be a good one.

I have never, not one single time, casted a dog. If I say she's gotten over not going to coyotes you can rest assured she's gotten over it.

Originally Posted By: SHamptonLet me know soon. Next thursday is when I'm going to get her.

Found a breeder in Choctaw with pups on the ground that'll be ready in 6 weeks . Pretty excited !!

Back