Report on the Sightmark 4x32x50 HD.

OregonMike

Well, I saw several places were offering the Sightmark Wraith HD for $349. Found it with free shipping, so I decided, what the heck. First thoughts were, yes, its heavy. But I knew that from reviews going in. It seems to be built well, and the image is great up to about 12x, at 16x it starts getting pixelated but is still usable.
Yesterday I got it out to the range. I have it mounted up on an AR build. PSA lower with Houge Over Mold furniture, and a BCA SS 18" heavy barrel upper. I ran a box of 55gr FMJ through it just to "condition" the barrel. I then switched to Hornady 55g Varmint Express, my kinda go to round. THe "One SHot Zero" works OK. Of course its really one group zero. I went with a 3 rnd group at 25yds, then adjusted per the instructions (and all the menus and usage are super easy) and I was hitting the center of the target, so off to 100 yard range.
Got set up, shooting off a bi-pod on a bench. First three round group was about 1.5" and 4" high. Went through the zero process and the next group was about 1" low and 1/2"left. Zero again. I did all of the 100 yard at 12x as it was clear and left room me to see around the bullseye enough to see where I was hitting. My final sight in group was in the center ring, and .236 inches. I was pretty amazed.
Shot 2 more groups and then were .421 and .486 and dead on. I then moved out to the 250 yard 4" gong, and was low on my first shot, but went 3 for 3 after that using hold over on one for the 10 reticle options.
I have not shot with the night vision/IR light yet. I know people are saying the light is the weak point. But I have taken the time to set it up in the dark and adjust it, and it really is decent out to 200, even a little more. you would easily be able to ID a coyote at 8x or 12x at 200. It also was helpful to mount the light in the forward most slot on the rail, and then slide it forward so its close to even with the front of the scope. Just a quick run down. If your looking for some inexpensive IR to just play around with and maybe shoot some dogs, you really can't go wrong in my opinion.
I just priced it out, and using Black Friday prices I was able to build the gun for about $800, not including the bi-pod as I swap them from gun to gun. Thats with the Wraith. And it truly shoots sub MOA. Just not with ball 55gr. but with decent ammo its a great gun.
Hope someone finds this helpful. Lots of places are running out of stock but hunt around. If you can get one for $500 or less, I say its way worth it.

Wraith 223 wylde group.jpg
Wraith mounted on BCA AR.jpg

I've run my 2-16 on a varmint rifle, shooting prairie dogs. Mostly because it was easy to video. Does get some looks at the range, and you have to explain it's digital. Like a miniature TV.

Ya, Sightmark should be paying me. By the time I left the range 2 people had bought one on their phones, and then when I shared my review 2 of my friends purchased. So I sold 4 scopes for them. LOL. Thats one of the things I love about our rural little range, everyone is super nice. I never comment on a gun someone is shooting without them asking if I wanna try it. I try and do the same.....

Awesome! I had a photon RT sitting around since new never used. Tried it the other day and was eating batteries every 5min. Sightmark said they would warranty it out for either your model or the 2-16 HD. I asked if I could upgrade to the 4k, 3-24 version and pay the extra since they are selling them on Amazon directly for $449 vs $373 for the HD's. For the $78 difference in price I was told yes. Can't wait to try it out. I would assume with the massive price drops they are going to place them out and run the mini 4k's as their normal production digital optics?

Last edited:
Back