Replace The Income Tax

I agree that the income tax sucks, it's complicated, prying, and cumbersome. But the struggle will be keeping a sales tax simple and fair or it will just be deja vu all over again. All the politicians will stand up and go, "Here's little Milly Jones who lives in my district. She's a little old lady barely able to get by on her social security. She survives only by eating scraps of gum she scrapes off the table bottoms at the local cafe. How sad. Is it right that she pays the same sales tax rate as a fat cat billionaire? Where's the justice? Vote for me and I'll see that the billionaires pay their fair share" All the sheeple will gather around and chant "rich be nervous, poor relax, billionaires pay high sales tax" Next thing you know you have to prove your income before you get you government issued sales tax rate card and we're right back where we started. I'm just not sure were at the RIGHT place politically to do it right. If it happens I hope so, but I think we need better leadership to get us there.

After what I just went through to simply get my tax software INSTALLED, you can bet yer ass I'm on board with almost any idea that will either gloriously simplify our income tax system, or replace it, period.

Are there ways the sales tax can get goobered up? Sure. You betcha.

How long will it take for that system to get as mucked up as the one we have now?

I'll take my chances with a new system. At the very least it'll get us a few years respite.

The main reason I'm for a straight across the board tax is when my kids were young my wife stayed home and baby sat. I was only making 9.00 bucks an hour and we always survived with no assistance. When taxes were all said and done we payed over 1000 per year. Every one she baby sat for was unmarried. The live in boyfriend made what I did or better. The girl friend made around the same money. How do you suppose they did around tax time. Was a nice investment to double your money. Some were on all the assistance they could get. We jokingly talked about getting a divorce so we could cash in. It's a failed system.

Back