Remington VSSF Twist Rate???

I have the older VSSF in 223, I was told that it is most likely a 1-12 twist.

This is the most accurate out of the box rifle i own. I purchased mine new for $525,(9 yrs ago ) and it loves the WIN Supreme Ballistic TIP 40 grainers, which they no longer produce.
But it shoots the 50 gr very good too. I will NEVER part with this rifle. It also shoots the Hornaday 40gr v-max very well.
I get 1/4 inch groups with this gun. The factory trigger is very heavy that is my only complaint.

do you know how to check the twist rate with a cleaning rod?

bkauz, if thats a remmy 700 trigger, you can adjust it very easily yourself. it's 3 screws.

I have the older VSSF in 223, I was told that it is most likely a 1-12 twist.

This is the most accurate out of the box rifle i own. I purchased mine new for $525,(9 yrs ago ) and it loves the WIN Supreme Ballistic TIP 40 grainers, which they no longer produce.
But it shoots the 50 gr very good too. I will NEVER part with this rifle. It also shoots the Hornaday 40gr v-max very well.
I get 1/4 inch groups with this gun. The factory trigger is very heavy that is my only complaint.
What do you mean by 1 1/2 twist

It refers to the Rifling of the barrel aka lands and grooves, it's the measure of how many rotations per (x) many inches, so 1-8 means, one full rev or turn in 8 inches, the 1-12 means the grooves will make one full revolution every foot ie. 12 inches.

I still have the barrel off of my Rem VSSF 223, the first version, sitting on the shelf and has already been stated by the others, they are 1-12tw barrels.

Back