Remington Predator R15

cbass16....if it was anyone but you I might have fell for this. But after reading many of your posts I knew something was up, too little information from you was a dead give away. Nice job on the search engine, I find you posts helpful. I just bought an R-15 Thursday after reading hundreds of posts over the last couple years, all the info is here, you just got to look.

Thanks guys, I can't take all the credit, some dude over at SnipersHide made one a few years ago and I just realized how badly it was needed here.

I figured most of the folks that have seen my posts would have gotten that joke right away. I rarely give a one line answer, especially when a one line answer does no one any good. If you don't have a way to justify it...it's only an opinion and should be noted as such.

This is one of the best statements I've read here in a long time. Impulse gun purchases are usually not a good idea, but even asking a quick couple internet questions only helps so much.
Originally Posted By: pmackI just bought an R-15 Thursday after reading hundreds of posts over the last couple years, all the info is here, you just got to look.

I also read forums for at least a year before I even bought my first upper. I watched 4-5 YouTube videos on assembling the lower. I browsed pictures and googled things like "AR parts" to see what was available and what it was for.
I read articles on things like...Why not all black rifles should be called "AR-15" or "AR-10" because even though they are incorrectly used as a general term, they are a copyrighted model number. I studied ballistic charts and powder tables. I read about barrel wear and pros and cons of barrel materials. I read about sound suppression levels in db vs frequency. Weight vs poi shift.

All these things can be googled and you get tons of info. 90% of my knowledge here has been learned online. Sometimes you get conflicting info. That's where the fun part comes in, because you get to research further to find the truth.

Keep using the search...I'd like to see it it become the norm in a week or so. (i get to see stat traffic to, so i know how many times it actually gets used
grin.gif
)

I wanted a lightweight AR. R-15,DMPS Prairie Panther, or trying to build my own were my options based on all info I could find on here. $$ was the other variable, but I knew what I wanted. I found this slightly use R-15 for $750. The guy had both the rifle and the carbine and was getting rid of the rifle. I would rather had the carbine but new locally was 1050 plus tax. For 400 bucks I can deal with another pound.

Last edited:
I feel ya cbass, I always hope to find something new and exciting on here and everyday there's anohter R15 thread that I feel mildly compelled to answer to. I researched long and hard before I bought mine and bought it anyway, despite of what happened! LOL
This could have been a RRA after what happened story too! Lots of those threads everyday.
I have found that most everything you read here is a pretty straight up good asessment based on my last two AR purchases and the research I did here. The guys on here know their #^$%!

Well, It took a while but I finally used the search engine and found out what happened with the
R-15.

I sold both of mine just to be safe.

Ok, maybe I am as much of smart alec as anyone but I really could not pass up the opportunity.

Last edited:
I bought one 3 weeks ago. Had to wait for my RRA scope mount to arrive, then topped it with a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40. After a 20 round break in and cleaning, I sighted in with Hornady 55 V-Max. Then I shot for group....WOW! 4 shot group measured .299", then went to .586" when I tried to stuff a fifth round into the group. I'll try to attach pics, but I think they're too large a file.

I did have one mishap....the trigger pin began walking out after 15 shots. I felt the trigger getting stupid, saw the problem and was able to correct it. If it becomes a repeated problem, I'll address it, but all has been fine since then. I'm up too 100 rounds now.

Guys I love mine. I have the 18" barrel with collapsible stock and its my go to gun. Heck I think I might have to buy my wife one and It will be a R15. Now I just got into reloading and I am going to compare it to my dtech.

I got one last year. Worked up a load and killed 4 coyotes with 4 bullets this winter. The gun has not missed a shot yet. I'm afraid to go out now and ruin my personal record. It points fast and easy. Its light . If you drop in a good trigger,I put in a Timny, then it has great accuracy potencial. The 18" model is the best in my opnion, I have the solid stock. Alec

Back