Remington AR problem

Originally Posted By: VarminterrorAll of the sighting devices possible for an AR are mounted on the upper, so I'm having a hard time believing in 3" of disparity due to a little receiver mal-fit. As long as the BCG cleanly enters the buffer tube (and the buffer is oversized to the bolt to allow that to happen), receiver play is most often just a mental issue rather than a physical one.

^^^This^^^

While I wouldn't call the AccuWedges "Junk", I do think they are over rated...I have used them for several years and my biggest problem is them popping out when the upper is raised and either losing it, or having to pick it up off the ground..I still have one in my competition AR that has probably become permanently fixed just due to the heat build up....

I have used the foam ear plugs and O rings with reasonable success as a fill in...

The side way movement of the upper in the lower will only possibly affect the accuracy, if any, due to the shooter applying pressure in both directions (alternating) at really long distances, and most can't shoot that well, off hand standing, anyway.,..

Back