Remington 870 or 1100?

Had a 3 1/2" 870 and have seen several more, jamming pieces of crap. If you want a 3 1/2" go Benelli Nova and you won't have to worry again!JMO.

After growing up shooting over and unders, I find myself pulling the trigger on a pump for a second shot but forgetting to work the darn pump! That why my choice would be an 1100 or 11/87.

1100 or 870, can't go wrong with either IMO.
I own both and each has its use.
I own 4 870's
2-12GA 1 setup for waterfowl 28" Remchoke, i-18" with 8 shot extended mag for home defense and turkey.
1-20GA 870
1-28GA 870

I have 2-1100's, one for skeet and 1 for trap. Also use them occasionally for hunting. Skeet is good for pheasant/quail. Trap is good for doves.

My pick is the 870. I have both in different configurations but always go back to the 870. The gun will feed/cycle any type of ammo from the lightest to the heaviest load. There are not as many parts. It can be stripped down clear too the trigger group with just your hands and a stick. The aftermarket parts are endless. Last but not least If I can work on one and not screw it up it must be idiot proof!

My pick is the 870. I have both in different configurations but always go back to the 870. The gun will feed/cycle any type of ammo from the lightest to the heaviest load. There are not as many parts. It can be stripped down clear too the trigger group with just your hands and a stick. The aftermarket parts are endless. Last but not least If I can work on one and not screw it up it must be idiot proof! (Not implying you might be an idiot)
smile.gif

Back