Remington 7400 owners......opinions

I purchased a new 7400 30-06 synthetic stocked carbine a few years ago. First shot that I took with it would not eject the empty case. I returned that rifle and was given another one...

The new rifle jammed at least once on every mag that I put into it. If I pushed the mag into place to hard it would pop past the forward part of the trigger guard totally jamming the gun up. I had to remove the trigger assembly to unjam it. With any load that I tried when using the iron sights it would shoot to high. I started to totally hate this gun and wanted to get rid of it as fast as I could but couldn't bring myself to sell it off to some unsuspecting person.

I finally sent this rifle to the Remington warranty shop in my area and after 8 month's got it back. It still shoots high with the iron sights but I installed a scope so this isn't a problem anymore. The mag stop has been replaced with the proper fitting one so the mag's do not pop past the trigger assembly anymore.

I now have 8 mag's for the gun (I bought them extremely cheap on E-Bay) and all but one of them functions perfectly without any jams.

So to make a long story short the gun works perfectly everytime now but I still don't trust it so it is basically a safe queen now.

I will never buy another 7400 ever......

One last thought I have heard of the problem with the bolt wearing out as stated earlier in this thread. The 7400 was bolt was designed to solve this problem so that is not supposed to be an issue anymore.

7400's are absolute junk. I have had 3 of them here for repairs. One of the 3 was old, and I'd say the guy got his $ out of it. The other 2 were not that old. What happens is that the extractors go. Once this happens, the rifle is not usually worth the cost of the repair in the minds of most---2MG

Back