Reloading room .... it's a work in progress

Hidalgo

About 2 months ago I started turning an upstairs "bonus room" over the garage into a "reloading room". With the need to mount 4 reloaders and store everything we needed, and also have a place to clean the guns without stinking up Momma's house, it became a necessity instead of a desire. It still isn't finished, but it's coming along..........just overlook the piled up boxes and other assorted mess that I've got in there right now.
wink.gif

DSCN0048.jpg

DSCN0049.jpg

Steve, That's a great start,,, If you decide to replace that center table with a really good work bench, you might want to check out THESE items at Sam's Club...

I picked them up at a great price for the quality and put them in my 'gun room' for cleaning my firearms... The height is perfect for me and the cabinet holds a bunch of reloading supplies, all separated by item class/use...The bench has levelers on the legs and is extremely sturdy...

P1010004.jpg

Ill have to get a picture of our reloading rooms reloading chair tomorow for you guys... im sure someone will get a kick out of it.

Squirrel: Yeah, I do still load for my .38 Super and one rifle. I just haven't mounted the 'Chucker anywhere yet.

Bill, thanks for the link on the bench. I'll DEFINITELY check those things out.

Shooter, believe it or not the tables do quite well. I was pleasantly surprised. There is a little vibration, but not enough to cause any problems. Just enough to make the powder settle down really well in the baffle.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleSteve, That's a great start,,, If you decide to replace that center table with a really good work bench, you might want to check out THESE items at Sam's Club...

big +1 on the workbench. I've got one in my workshop, and it's worth every penny

nice start to a workshop / reloading room.

Originally Posted By: 2400Is it ok to post up pics of my loading set up or is there already a thread for that?
Sure. Post them in this thread.

Jack

Here's mine

IMG_2632.jpg

I finished it about a month ago, the wife was cramping me out of the garage, I will be insulating and sheet rocking hopefully before summer hits.

Now replace that window with a sliding window so you can shoot out of it and put you bed up there and you will have it made.
You have a nice set up there.

Originally Posted By: deerhunterjjNow replace that window with a sliding window so you can shoot out of it and put you bed up there and you will have it made.

The neighbor directly across the street might have a problem with me shooting out the window.....
scared.gif

2400, I'm really envious... Two Dillons set up....with about all the goodies on them...Makes my old Lee 1000 look like something out of the Stone Age...
cry.gif

BadgerLB, That shed looks a lot like the interior of mine, except my wife had me run electricity to it and install a heater to keep her tropical plants warm for the Winter..Insulating it was a lot of fun with the 24" center studs...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtle2400, I'm really envious... Two Dillons set up....with about all the goodies on them...Makes my old Lee 1000 look like something out of the Stone Age...
cry.gif

BadgerLB, That shed looks a lot like the interior of mine, except my wife had me run electricity to it and install a heater to keep her tropical plants warm for the Winter..Insulating it was a lot of fun with the 24" center studs...

Old Turtle, it only took me 40 years to get to this point.

I bought the Rock Chucker in the pic in 71, it's loaded well over 200K rounds since then.

Originally Posted By: HidalgoOriginally Posted By: deerhunterjjNow replace that window with a sliding window so you can shoot out of it and put you bed up there and you will have it made.

The neighbor directly across the street might have a problem with me shooting out the window.....
scared.gif

Yea that could cause some issues.

Back