R-15 range report # 2

I really like the looks of the R-15 and the camo pattern. Good groups too for a production rifle. Nice picture too, with the fog and coyote.

Thanks guys. I like this rifle a LOT.

I put the 2.5 back on it today and shot it to make sure it was on. Three shots into about 1/2 to 3/4" but an inch right. A buddy and I was talking when I got back to the gun to make the adjustment and went the worong way. I immediately knew what I did when I walked down and noticed this group further to the right. This groups was about 1/2 too. After walking back, making the RIGHT adjustment it shot another 1/2 group dead on where I wanted. I didn't have my camera with me but cut the group out and it is on the dash of my truck. I haven't cleaned the gun since my last range report either and this was with the lower 2.5-8X scope. Could be luck but it was lucky three times.

Now I'll try and answer all the questions.

Buckeyeyote,

I've never cared for the calaspable stocks. The A2 fits me well.

Bea175,

Not sure of the weight. The batteries in my scales went bad or I would give you a weight. I can tell you this though. It carries like a dream.

My rifle is the "signature edition" so it came with an adjustable two stage trigger. It also has a couple of other extras the standard R-15 does not. They are a fuller Ergo grip and a YHM free float tube. The "signature edition" is available at Gander Mountain or you can have your local dealer order it through Accu-Sports.

Ceider,

The magazine is covered in the same vinal material my truck is covered in. I had a lot of this left over when they did my truck. I just took some and covered a USGI 20 rounder.

Bert44,

Yes, the R-15 parts are interchangable with any mil-spec AR part.

Hope I didn't miss any questions. I'll be out most all next week finishing up filming for this year. Hopefully I will have some good stories and pictures next week.

Good Hunting, and God Bless,

Byron

Byron

I got my hands on one at Gander and it is probably the most caller friendly, well balanced AR I've ever held. I compared it side by side with a Bushy predator and the R-15 just felt more well rounded and balanced, in my hands at least. Love the camo pattern. Just a great gun.

Great Job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back