"cannibals and useful idiots"

So how many of you that agree that your hunting style as long as it is legal is fine voted to not use the hmr for coyotes........Just saying..........

thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: JCSo how many of you that agree that your hunting style as long as it is legal is fine voted to not use the hmr for coyotes........Just saying..........

JC
Im not trying to bust your chops or anything but, in the very first post of the poll of which you are referring to it states...
"You can use whatever weapon you want.../ Dont confuse this poll with whether you COULD use it, or whether you have the freedom & rights to use it. Its about your choice, and whether you WOULD pass up the other calibers."
Its just like asking if you would hunt with the wind in your face or at your back. Everyone has the right to hunt with their weapon of choice if legal. I beleive this poll to be important to show hunters, new to coyote hunting, that there are suitable calibers to use. I myself would not use a Red Rider BB gun just as I woulnt use a grenade launcher.
I myself did not take part in this poll so I could see what other, more experienced coyote hunters, would use. This being said...
Get out and enjoy your hunting rights, whatever they are, and however you see fit. Good luck.
K

Wow...I'm impressed. I practically got crucified when I posted the same thing here a couple years ago. Glad to see people staying on track this time.

Originally Posted By: JCSo how many of you that agree that your hunting style as long as it is legal is fine voted to not use the hmr for coyotes........Just saying..........

Stating your opinion on the effectiveness of a round that is often in the hands of the untrained/educated and trying to get said cartridge outlawed are not even remotely the same. If a guy has the skill set to reliabley take coyotes with a slingshot and it's legal to do so.....I'm right there with you to defend your right to do it. But I would never suggest to a new hunter that using a slingshot is THE way to go. This is an anology that is far fetched of course, but I use it to illustrate what I'm talking about. When someone asks "What's a good cartridge for hunting coyotes?" I'll never recommend an HMR because I don't know their skill set or level of experience and the HMR has more limitations than ALOT of other and better calibers. So I tend to budget in a little more "Fudge Factor"(Horsepower).

The purpose of the poll was to curb a VERY frequently asked question by people coming here to seek advice and knowledge from those that are more knowledgeable than themselves. We now know the popular consensus to this question and can point them to the overwhelming opinion on the matter. If you are in the minority and can do it on a regular basis and do it cleanly, then I support you %100. Just don't assume that everyone else/the next guy can.

Chupa

These stories real or not are realistic warnings politically.
Having friends and neighbors established long term in the WDFW opens a working view.
Essentially they say that rifle hunters(a generalized term) lose the most valuable freedoms because they assume that hunting is their right and continue on the same independent path as always.

Thank you for posting this, and for the many comments. This is a hunting forum and I do not mean to steer the point elsewhere. "Inch by inch" is the relentless offense we are to endure. It will continue, and I am thankful to those that raise awareness to this. It is not easy to find examples of taxes, laws and programs that did not get bigger and gain momentum. I enjoy all of my hunting privileges and am careful to protect them.

A few years ago a PM member made a post that bait hunting for coyotes is not real hunting. Well, he caught it from several other members including myself. Just goes to show the narrow-mindedness that some have toward something they don't personally do. The hunting terrain and coyote numbers where he hunts is a whole lot different than where I hunt.

The same can be said for ARs. I have had people tell me that no one should be allowed to own one, that no one needs an AR to hunt etc. etc. etc.

This topic is something for all of us to keep in mind, that what floats my boat may not float yours and vice versa. As long as it's legal then we all need to support each other.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
A few years ago a PM member made a post that bait hunting for coyotes is not real hunting. Well, he caught it from several other members including myself. Just goes to show the narrow-mindedness that some have toward something they don't personally do. The hunting terrain and coyote numbers where he hunts is a whole lot different than where I hunt.

The same can be said for ARs. I have had people tell me that no one should be allowed to own one, that no one needs an AR to hunt etc. etc. etc.

This topic is something for all of us to keep in mind, that what floats my boat may not float yours and vice versa. As long as it's legal then we all need to support each other.

so much truth here!

people need to lighten up and stop being such FUDD's. all the "anti's" care about us stopping us, weather thats hunting, shooting in general, gun ownership, fishing - the list goes on and on.

they're unified to stop us in what we like to do, our only hope is to stay unified in keeping our freedom's or we will succumb.

divide and conquer is their Game, but they only win if we play by their rules.

if sportsmen and gun owners in general stick together, we got this.

Originally Posted By: MerditAfter one of the latest discussions here, I'm thinking this thread is due for a fresh bump.

Again

The libs will promise you free stuff if you will just follow them of the cliff. Hold on to me with the parachute. I wont drop you.

Back