Question on backpacks

Calling Arkansas,

I know you said you wanted a pack with a rifle scabbard, but unless you have a real need to have both hands free, you might want to consider a pack without the scabbard. The way I see it, unless you plan on hiking for miles without the possibility of needing your rifle in a hurry, there is no need for the scabbard. If I'm just walking relatively short distances, the most important thing to me is a functional pack with lots of compartments where I can store stuff and always know right where each item in my pack is. Packs with only a few compartments are not very useful as far as being able to organize your gear. I have two packs that I really like because of the thought that was put into organization-----the llbean Maine warden pack (get the m/l one as the small size might be too small) and the Tenzing TX 14. The Tenzing gets mixed reviews on line but for the life of me I don't know why.

Of course if you really want to pack your rifle, then everything above goes out the window. For me, I like having my rifle in my hands as it helps me to have a "hunting all the time" mentality.

Spoke with the manufacturer and they said it was not the proper scabbard for an AR. They recommended the X31 lowdrag II.

Also my AR has a 3.5x15x44 Leupold scope. Much larger than most 1x4 scopes.

And I do want my rifle in a scabbard and protected because I use a side X side a lot and I want to be able to lay it in the back and go or when in my truck I can put it in and out of the back seat quickly. That way I know my scope stays protected, I don’t have to worry about my barrel getting mud in it when riding in the passenger seat of the side X side. I have about $3500 + invested in my rifle and optics plus a lot of time involved making sure I hit where I aim. Plus, it’s one more way to walk into a stand quietly. Even with a good pack i seem to and carrying my gun in my hand I seem to always end up with a metal sound before I get setup between the caller, shooting sticks, stool and gun.
Their recommended pack is double the weight of the Gunrunner so I’m still looking.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Anyone know anything about this pack?
Lancer Tactical Backpack with Rifle Scabbard
http://www.lancertactical.com/product/CA-356/CA-356-RIFLE-BACKPACK-%28BLACK,-CAMO,-OD-GREEN,-TAN%29.html?cid=1009

Can’t find much on it. May call tomorrow.

I up graded to the Eberlestock Gunslinger II. My ar with a trijicon 2.5x10x56 will fit very nice and lots of room for a foxpro shockwave.

Originally Posted By: CallingArkansasAnyone know anything about this pack?
http://www.lancertactical.com/product/CA-356/CA-356-RIFLE-BACKPACK-%28BLACK,-CAMO,-OD-GREEN,-TAN%29.html?cid=1009

Thats going to be cheap Chinese Airsoft type stuff. Pass.

Originally Posted By: TKCattleI up graded to the Eberlestock Gunslinger II. My ar with a trijicon 2.5x10x56 will fit very nice and lots of room for a foxpro shockwave. Originally Posted By: TKCattleI up graded to the Eberlestock Gunslinger II. My ar with a trijicon 2.5x10x56 will fit very nice and lots of room for a foxpro shockwave.

could you possible send me some pics of your gun and it also in the scabbard? That would definitly be my choice.

If you can’t post here you can email to dwdavies@icloud.com

Thanks

Originally Posted By: liliysdadOriginally Posted By: CallingArkansasAnyone know anything about this pack?

Thats going to be cheap Chinese Airsoft type stuff. Pass.

Thanks. After looking at different ones online yesterday, I had started thinking the same.

I’ve found a pack by Swedteam that looks good quality, a basic one day pack, and in the 3-4 lb range. I’ve emailed the Company asking for scabbard dimensions. They are made in Sweden but I have located some US distributors..

Waiting for their reply.

Back