Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: Winny Fan

Fire away if you feel a need.
grin.gif

I feel a need....

CRF is for geezers.

You could use a diet whiskey.
frown.gif

smile.gif

Originally Posted By: K22Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: Winny Fan

grin.gif

I feel a need....

CRF is for geezers.

frown.gif

smile.gif

Maybe RePete needs both a CRF rifle and diet whiskey for being the poster child for geezers. Look the word up in Funk & Wagnels and there he is in black and white. No color photos available.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: K22Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: Winny Fan

grin.gif

I feel a need....

CRF is for geezers.

frown.gif

smile.gif

Maybe RePete needs both a CRF rifle and diet whiskey for being the poster child for geezers. Look the word up in Funk & Wagnels and there he is in black and white. No color photos available.
grin.gif

Yep! He's holding a lite beer in one hand and a flint lock in the other............
grin.gif
grin.gif

Last edited:
Weatherby makes a Mark V Accumark and a Mark V Arroyo in the 6.5 Creedmoor that looks pretty sweet for a factory rifle ... they have my attention also

... just sayin

Originally Posted By: K22Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: K22Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: Winny Fan

grin.gif

I feel a need....

CRF is for geezers.

frown.gif

smile.gif

grin.gif

Yep! He's holding a lite beer in one hand and a flint lock in the other............
grin.gif
grin.gif

My feelers are hurt...you guys know good and well how sensitive I am....

Course you might have a point since I'm setting here sipping a diet whisky and fondling my new CRF carbine.
frown.gif

OH...and just so ya know Winny....that's not a B&W photo...it's a tin-type.

Originally Posted By: SparrowhawkI would suggest y'all Consider a TN made light rifle: the new Barrett Fieldcraft. They're making them twisted right. Saw a guy w a threaded 18-inch 8- twist .22-250 on 24HCF.

Lighter than Montanas and twisted right in all calibers.
How amazed I am that the firearm industry today, does not to offer a 1-8 type twist barrels for their factory chambering? Put a number on it! With most high bc bullets being more popular than ever, I find this fact astonishing. Their has to be a way for them to have an offering of this type, while keeping the $$ reasonable.

243kimber, I'm not sure which rifle/twist that you're referring to but the Open Country has an 8 twist.
Looks like I'll be the guinea pig here. I have taken the leap and have an Open Country on order. We'll see how this goes.
Bobby

Originally Posted By: 243kimberOriginally Posted By: SparrowhawkI would suggest y'all Consider a TN made light rifle: the new Barrett Fieldcraft. They're making them twisted right. Saw a guy w a threaded 18-inch 8- twist .22-250 on 24HCF.

Lighter than Montanas and twisted right in all calibers.
How amazed I am that the firearm industry today, does not to offer a 1-8 type twist barrels for their factory chambering? Put a number on it! With most high bc bullets being more popular than ever, I find this fact astonishing. Their has to be a way for them to have an offering of this type, while keeping the $$ reasonable.

Within the next several months, Tikka will have an 8" twist 22-250 on the market. And Ruger has one in the chain too if you like the RAR.

That said, fast twist barrels are not the answer to everything challenging mankind. A few years back I bought an 8" twist 223 Rem from Tikka. I played with it awhile, got bored with the ho-hum results, and sold it.

YMMV, as the big boys love to say on the more knowledgeable forums. I'm just trying to steal their bravado by using it here.

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: K22Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: K22Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: Winny Fan

grin.gif

I feel a need....

CRF is for geezers.

frown.gif

smile.gif

grin.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif

My feelers are hurt...you guys know good and well how sensitive I am....

Course you might have a point since I'm setting here sipping a diet whisky and fondling my new CRF carbine.
frown.gif

OH...and just so ya know Winny....that's not a B&W photo...it's a tin-type.

I thought it looked kind of old style, even for B&W. I was obviously giving you too much credit for being young.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Bruised 243kimber, I'm not sure which rifle/twist that you're referring to but the Open Country has an 8 twist.
Looks like I'll be the guinea pig here. I have taken the leap and have an Open Country on order. We'll see how this goes.
Bobby

I'm right behind ya!

Back