Pulsar firmware update

If main menu is the only way to turn on wifi I guess it's not a huge deal since I generally leave my scope on all night once I get started. Most of my stands aren't real far apart so I just shut the screen off. Still, that seems like a step backwards in user convenience given that one of Pulsars strong points is their wifi abilities. I mostly only fiddle with wifi on/off if I'm having trouble getting connected which isn't that often.

Another "negative" I found about the "toggling" between the 3 different modes is that each mode defaults back to a factory setting on brightness and contrast once you leave that mode. If you have a particular mode set where you want it and toggle thru the others, you lose the settings you previously had and have to re-set the brightness and contrast again.
Say you mainly run on the ID(eye) mode and have the brightness and contrast set where it is best...then somewhere along the line you just want to see what the other modes look like, when you toggle to the other modes and get back to the ID mode where you had it adjusted for best image, it is back on the factory default brightness/contrast settings...and you have to re=set them again. Seems like they didn't think it thru when they made this change.

^^It sure would be nice if all three modes would keep the bright/contrast setting you have set when toggling through instead of defaulting. I have found myself wanting to compare the three modes to see which one is best...especially after the last FW updates.
My Trail XQ38 image was better before these updates

The default settings is what the 3 modes are. Its simply a quick way to adjust brightness and contrast for different situations. If you put it on ID or forest, but then adjust the contrast and brightness to say 10 and 10, the image will look the same regardless of which mode you are in.

Originally Posted By: iowayotehunter76The default settings is what the 3 modes are. Its simply a quick way to adjust brightness and contrast for different situations. If you put it on ID or forest, but then adjust the contrast and brightness to say 10 and 10, the image will look the same regardless of which mode you are in.
Not sure you are following what we are saying...when I put it on ID(eye symbol) mode and adjust the bright/contrast to where I want it for best image...say 8 and 10, I would like it to stay at those settings. So lets say while I am hunting with it set this way(8 and 10) I want to just for schits and grins, see how my image would look in the forest or rock mode, so I toggle to forest and then rock and don't really like those images, so when I return back to my ID(eye) mode, the bright/contrast is not where I had it adjusted at 8 and 10..it has returned back to factory default settings for bright/contrast. I then have to adjust it back again to the way I previously had it.

I think what he is saying is, the three modes are 3 default profiles, just like reticle profiles, but the settings are for THAT profile, so changing it from one default profile to another resets the settings to the defaults.

Originally Posted By: cmateraI think what he is saying is, the three modes are 3 default profiles, just like reticle profiles, but the settings are for THAT profile, so changing it from one default profile to another resets the settings to the defaults.
Regardless, it is a pain to have to keep putting the settings back where you want them...never used to be that way. The old way of changing modes always kept your settings for all 3 modes and you manually had to change them
You do know that with the latest firmware update that you set and toggle thru the 3 modes now with the "up" arrow button instead of having to go thru the main menu function?

Originally Posted By: G AndersonOriginally Posted By: cmateraI think what he is saying is, the three modes are 3 default profiles, just like reticle profiles, but the settings are for THAT profile, so changing it from one default profile to another resets the settings to the defaults.
Regardless, it is a pain to have to keep putting the settings back where you want them...never used to be that way. The old way of changing modes always kept your settings for all 3 modes and you manually had to change them
You do know that with the latest firmware update that you set and toggle thru the 3 modes now with the "up" arrow button instead of having to go thru the main menu function?

I think you are mistaken. Changing between ID or Forest or Rocks also changes brightness and contrast. Always has.

I just checked my zero from the last zero session back in March... I was about 1 1/2 low and 1 1/2 right with three shots coming in just under an inch. I don't think that's bad considering I used my rifle A LOT since that time and have killed everything I've shot at.

Did the update with no issues, the view does seem noticeably cleaner... I'm very happy.

A quick adjustment to the X and Y and I was pretty much close to the center... ready to hunt.

Range was 100 yards and the target is a piece of foil 2 3/4" x 2 3/4".

I've started a log noting date, time, temp, humidity, X/Y at the start, and any necessary changes in X/Y to zero.

...shouldn't have to deal with all the malarkey with todays technology.

..Pulsar seamed to be on the ball, but the plot keeps thickening with every update. To continually have to re-set settings...sight in per {shooting} session..

..absolutely riddiculous...

...Wish I could get my 5G back...

As a note..I planned on using my Trail XP50 in NY and OH

Originally Posted By: JB-WIHere it is!! The new XQ update. Who will be the guinea pig?

https://www.pulsar-nv.com/glo/blog-news/firmware-update-4.0-for-xq-image-boost-and-user-mode./2144/

I will go ahead and give it a shot. My XQ38 has been doing real well and most of the time my buddy who has an XP38 claims my XQ image is better than his.
I purchased a Thermion XP50...it just came in yesterday...got it all set up and went out last night and just made a quick stand in a spot that always seems to produce...got first coyote with it. Really a nice scope and the picture quality is awesome. Humidity was approaching 90% and it was still great.

Originally Posted By: G Anderson
I will go ahead and give it a shot. My XQ38 has been doing real well and most of the time my buddy who has an XP38 claims my XQ image is better than his.
I purchased a Thermion XP50...it just came in yesterday...got it all set up and went out last night and just made a quick stand in a spot that always seems to produce...got first coyote with it. Really a nice scope and the picture quality is awesome. Humidity was approaching 90% and it was still great.

I went ahead and updated mine yesterday.

Updated my XQ-50 also last night. Image is better/sharper at distance, up close couldn't tell much difference. Seems like a worthwhile update, but then again I am apparently one of the lucky ones that has never had POI shift issues with mine.

Originally Posted By: JB-WIOriginally Posted By: G Anderson

I went ahead and updated mine yesterday.

I just did my scanner(XQ30F)...wanted to see what would happen before doing my XQ38 Trail. The update made a tremendous change in my XQ30 scanner...very nice image and clear. We had 75% humidity last night, so not too terrible in that regard...but overall, the image is greatly increased. Hunted for 6 hours, with the boost on...never noticed the unit getting any hotter and did not see any increase in battery usage, so not sure about those perceived claims. I will do my Trail XQ38 next and give it a test.
Used the Thermion XP50 last night...used it for the entire 6 hours with boost on and no issues. I have to say, it is a very nice scope...image is crystal clear and did not really see the drastic battery drain on it that everyone claims on the Thermions...over the 6 hours, it used 90% of the initial battery and did not switch to the secondary battery. Wasn't extremely cold last night, so I understand that this can determine battery drain. Overall, very impressed with the Thermion.

Back