Pulsar Digex NV Scope

Afternoon Gents,

DIGEX N455 has arrived.

Unpacking. Unit comes with 3 batteries. Scope takes 1, light takes 1 (same one), and that gives operator 1 spare. Pretty good thinking ahead on that aspect.

Scope looks and feels very robust.

Last edited:
0BHTzlU.jpg

Batteries are charging. Mounted with Warn 30mm QR rings to Model 7 Predator 223. I rotated the IR light to the left side of the scope as thats what I prefer (keeps my firing hand free) So far so good.

More to come...

i4oUPVu.jpg

f18kTz8.jpg

PrBcOXS.jpg

Originally Posted By: pmackBurnsome what battery? what are you running now ATN 4K, let us know how it compares

Pulsar APS2 battery pack runs both the scope and the IR light. One nice thing about Pulsar batteries is the outer housing has grooves in them to ensure the battery is installed correctly. It wont go in the scope or the IR light unless its aligned properly (idiot proof) and that would certainly be handy when changing if needed in the dark.

Have been running ATN 4K for about 3 years now on an AR. It's been a solid and reliable unit and works perfectly for my AO. The DIGEX only has a B&W viewing through the scope whereas the ATN has the full color option if its preferred for daytime activities. I pretty much only hunt at night anymore so thats not an issue for me though. When I check zero monthly on the ATN I use the B&W setting anyway for checking in the daylight hours - works fine.

The ATN's internal battery has great life - 18 hours or something like that before it needs recharging. I have no idea how long the DIGEX batteries last (yet) but I seem to recall its maybe 4 hours or so. We'll see.

The ATN has a removeable micro SD card for recording shots. It has to be removed (as far as I know) to download videos. The Pulsar has an internal recoding setup so no need to remove a card when downloading as its supposed to be easily connected to phone or computer.

Will continue to update as things progress. I'm hoping to get out and sight it in this afternoon but its pouring rain and forcast is for more of the same here in Georgia. If I can get it sighted in, I'll try to get out tonight and hunt with it some.

There are a lot of retical options - types and colors, plus quite a bit of fancy gizmos for those that do the bluetooth thing and whatnot. I'm more of a "put the crosshairs on the target and send it" type hunter so I really dont need all the extras. I will say the large amount of reticles and colors is a nice option to explore and its quite a bit of improvement over my ATN.

Last edited:

Looking good, Burn. Waiting anxiously for a full report. One question, can the front objective lens cap be removed?

David looks like the cap has smaller opening and maybe a filter, perhaps for daylight mode, similar to the photon. Different holes or apertures work similar to a camera. A small (hole) aperture allows the least light but has the largest depth of field, while with the cap open the largest aperture allows the most light but offers the smallest depth of field.

6mm - I dont believe it comes off. When I first looked at it, I thought it would have a removal screw on one side but it doesnt. It easily rotates but doesnt appear to loosen or look like its removeable. Instead of a screw, it appears to have a dowl pin type of assembly. Might be able to knock it out perhaps.

pmack - correct, it has a small aperture hole on the lens cover. Havent tried it out yet due to all the rain here.

Was able to fire about 3 sight in shots at 50 yards but its pouring rain here. Got it close enough for govt work as they say but not enough time to get it truly fine-tuned.

Cqfd3Uz.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks Burn and Pmack. The reason I asked is pertaining to the way I hunt from the shack with the window foam. That would complicate things a bit in getting the scope to stick through the hole in the foam.

Originally Posted By: Burnsome…
The ATN has a removeable micro SD card for recording shots. It has to be removed (as far as I know) to download videos. The Pulsar has an internal recoding setup so no need to remove a card when downloading as its supposed to be easily connected to phone or computer.

FWIW, the easiest way to download the vids from the (ATN) scope without removing the micro SD card is pairing the scope with a device (phone/tablet) using the Obsidian4 app.

Last edited:
Great point wolverines. I'll have to try that.

So I got out with the DIGEX for a couple hours last night. It worked well. Made some adjustments today - moved the scope back about 3 inches for fitting me and the gun better - got it sighted in on the money in between rain showers so I'm ready to try again tonight weather permitting.

Took this video when leaving the house as I spotted 3 deer about 175 yards off with the thermal spotter. Didnt get the focus in as tight as I wanted and did some adjusting on the IR lens. More to come.

100% humidity and raining most of the time I was out. My Scion thermal was pretty much useless for navigation but still detected critters quite well.
[video:youtube][/video]

Last edited:

Thanks Burn. So, at this point what is your impression of the scope (with regards to view, clarity, resolution) vs. the 4k? What about the view your eye sees vs. video?

Burnsome, I assume that was stock IR? Also looks like you had it aimed low, was their washout when the beam was centered?

I'm impressed with it 6mm. Subjective option - I'd say the View/Clarity/Resolution seems better actually, especially when you compare the IR light sources that come with both units. If I was to guess, the DIGEX clarity beats the 4K with standard IR lights that come with the units and the DIGEX has the 950nm light. I probably should try to rig up both rifles and take some videos under the same identical conditions at the same time and then it would be easier to compare them. I would say the actual image is better than the recorded videos which seems to be univeral. Tonight, I'm going to take the IR Pro 850 light off my 4K and hand hold it (if I can) to take some videos with the DIGEX. I much prefer to REALLY light up the area before I take a shot and the 850 Pro does that for me with the 4K. The invisible IR would work great for those folks that are convinced the critters are spooked by 850. I've only had a couple of times perhaps, over the last 3 years where I thought the 850light spooked an animal. The 950 is supposed to take that issue away. The IR light is not focusable as far as I know but its direction is adjustable. The controls and manipulation factors for using the DIGEX are very good. Still getting used to it and its only been out one night so there's more to learn. I've got a couple more videos I took last night so will post them up. Nothing wrong with the 4K as its quite the workhorse - for me anyway.

Since I'm all zeroed hopefully mr coyote will show up tonight. He came in at 2am this morning and I was sleeping so if he can change his schedule to an earlier visit we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pmackBurnsome, I assume that was stock IR? Also looks like you had it aimed low, was their washout when the beam was centered?

Yes pmack, stock IR 950. It was aimed a bit low and I was getting washback from the suppressor surface. Took me a while to flounder about in the dark before I figured out how to adjust it. Several of the video's show the washout on the suppressor before I figured that out.

Last edited:
Nice videos,gots mine today,will take me a month to figure it out. How easy was it to sight in?what distance can you clearly identify ,and feel comfortable taking a shot ,with this unit. THX

Back