Problems with speer 52 gr. hp

I thank everyone that is trying to help. I have tried other powders and yes I may get a couple hundred fps out of it, I wasn't getting the accuracy and tight groups that I am now getting with Varget. I started second guessing myself last night so I did a search online. There are many shooters who have posted that they use Varget on 50 gr. and up bullets for a 223 with great success. Several shooters on this forum. However they also talked about the lower velocity. I found that my problem was seating depth thanks to several guys on here reminding me. Guess I was having a brain fart. I think this bullet should perform pretty good at around 3000 fps because I have used same bullet in a couple of 222s on coyotes with great success. Once again didn't mean to upset anyone. I can live with the velocity as long as I am getting the accuracy I am getting now.

My 223 pushed this round at 3250 on my chrony. This round at that speed is a killer and fur saver! My favorite for coyotes for sure. I worked my length out to 2 thousands off my lands. It made groups tighten up. I use CF&E with this round. Rudy.

Back