Price check on a Ruger 77 Mkll 220 swift

As stated before, round count is a huge factor and with Swifts of that era, it could be high, could be quite low. Either way, in my area, that gun in minty shape would go for $700-$800.

Ive personally been burned on a .220 Swift as i took the guys word and then found out the muzzle and throat end had very shallow rifling left.

Last edited:
Is it the varmint-target, laminated benchrest looking stock,

Or

The updated modern m77 sporting rifle? (black pad, new safety)

Wow. That was way too high @ $1500.
A couple years ago a picked up an as-new 77 Mk.II VT in .220 Swift (26” med.-heavy barrel, laminated stock) for well under 800 bucks, including shipping and sales tax. That was the “buy now” price on Gunbroker; it had sat with no bids and also at the dealer’s for at least a couple weeks. Did actually talk to the seller, and he claimed that since I bought it the original owner wanted to buy it back for that, plus another had offered more $. I’ve also seen them go for a little less than I paid.
Turned out to be a shooter, and with the first handload I tried; am thinking even some factory stuff shot decently. I really wanted a barrel that would stabilize the 53 grain V-Maxes, but of course no factory Swift comes with anything faster than 1:14”. Oh well, I have a Savage.22-250 that does that really well, and can always re-barrel the Ruger later.
A nice package, also easy on the eyes. A bit heavy to carry around very much, but not unreasonably so for a couple hours of walking coyote or groundhog work.

Last edited:
I'm sure at some time or another we have all paid to much for something and on the flip side got some really good deals. It all boils down to how bad you want the item regardless of the cost. If you can live with the price then that's all that really matters.

Also a side note the guy flaked out on me, was going to meet him and he said his wife wanted to go to dinner, he hasn’t communicated since then.

Well sometimes wife's have the last say. Might try again tomorrow. If he flakes out again, maybe its for the best. There will be other rifles out there.

Well I ran into the guy that had the Swift at the gunshow today. He had come down to $850 on his rifle. I gave it a quick look over and it is an early red pad w/tang safety, varmint. Its really clean and the bore is great. I traded a 700 Remington ADL 243 and $225 for the rifle. I'm in to it for around $650. I thought that was a decent trade.

Originally Posted By: MartyBGood trade loo-tent-ant

thumbup1.gif

Back