Prayer Request

hm1996

Staff member
This has not been a good week. Lots of normally minor mechanical problems w/car, central heater would not come on this morning w/first cold spell, etc. All minor irritations.

But most importantly of all, my beloved wife is very, very sick with flue like symptoms. Went to Dr. Wed. but apparently she is unable to take the meds due to nausea. It is all she can do to sip a bit of water. It is really scary how quickly her condition has deteriorated to the point that she now has to have help to get out of bed.

Tried all day yesterday to contact the Dr. to no avail, so today will try to see him again as a walk-in; afraid he will put her in the hospital.

Now for the infuriating part. The phone rang a few minutes ago and a "gentleman" asked to speak to my wife (by name). Thinking it may have been the Dr.'s office I gave her the phone. It became obvious to me that it was not the Dr. when my wife responded, "two class two misdemeanors"? (paraphrased) I took the phone from her and explained that my wife was very weak and unable to continue the conversation, could I help him? He responded that she had missed two appearance dates before "a judge" and he was calling so that she would not be hauled off in handcuffs.

At that point, I told him that could not be true, as she had not received a summons. I recognized this as a scam and said so. (Guess the word scam set him off??) I (as calmly as I could muster) asked for his name and department to which he really became irate, called me an a....hole and promised to have "your azz" hauled off as well for being offensive to him. I continued to ask for his name and he really lost it. His cell phone began to break up between rants and I hung up.

Called the police and filed a complaint for the record. Officer was extremely helpful but offered no hope of catching the _______ as they can now fake the numbers shown on caller ID somehow.

To top it all off, just got a text message that our SIL who is fighting cancer has taken a turn for the worse. Your prayers for the wife and SIL will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
hm

Sounds frustrating to put it mildly..
Take a deep breath..say a prayer yourself, and have some comfort others will remember(in theirs) you also.

That's a scam for certain. Maybe she ought to go to the hospital just to be safe. I have a few prayers left in me for your wife and you. Grizz

Thanks, guys for the prayers. Just got her settled into hospital. They started an IV w/meds for the nausea and electrolytes, which she is definitely in need of. Said they will introduce potassium and sodium more slowly. Thank the Lord, she is feeling better.

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers!

Regards,
hm

That's great news. You gotta keep us posted on this issue. Keeping you guys in our prayers until the recovery is complete.

Thanks to all the prayers and the grace of God, she is slowly regaining her strength as they try to restore a balance of potassium and sodium. She is definitely where she needed to be and that is in the hospital.

Thanks again for your concern, thoughts and prayers.

Regards,
hm

She didn't gain any ground today, but at least she didn't lose any either; hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Got a smile out of your offer, John. Thanks.
smile.gif

No new word on sister in law but prognosis not good.

Thanks again guys for your prayers.

Regards,
hm

just said a prayer for your family and I know that our prayers do not go unanswered. rest in his peace that his will be done for you and your family.

Sorry she's having such a hard time. You being there with her is all you can do. Everything is up to The Almighty, and all we can do is ask that He relieve her pain and return her to her family who loves her as quickly as possible.

It might not make you feel better, but here's a picture of a painting that my wife has hanging right outside her surgery suite, and she says she gets great comfort from it when she looks at it as she goes in to do a complicated surgery. The doctors might be the workers, but HE is in charge and is guiding them on a daily basis.

And another that she has on her office wall ....

I know it's TOUGH, but you HANG IN THERE and BE STRONG for her. Things are going to be fine.

hm1996,,,Just saw your post and prayers are definitely on the way from here..Glad to see there is some degree of recovery and hope it continues..

Thanks, all, for your prayers; they are sorely needed and greatly appreciated. Past two days DRs have been unable to control BP...running very high.

Regards,
hm

Back